Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeepSouth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

Just ordered my Navman iCN630 from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Didn’t trust the ‘in-stock, order before 3pm for next day delivery’ bit alongside the product (been caught out by this before from other online retailers) so phoned them. Low cost number aswell :-)

To my surprise, they confirmed stock was available and the conversation led to technical queries about the product. I was impressed. All answered. They had even tried the product. Not bad, given the product was only released in the UK a couple of days earlier.

Had the option of placing order on telephone with them there and then, but choose to place the order myself later that day over Internet. Easy ordering system.

All delivered next day with the postman 8.12am. They even threw in a 128mb secure digital card.

No hesitation. Recommend, Recommend, Recommend. 10/10.

And as for the iCN. Get one its great.

Cheers Jon

robertuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

Hi Deepsouth,

Totally agree they are excellent. Ordered my TT2 from them on Thursday and was told that due to the Easter back holiday that I would recieve delivery on Tuesday 22nd April but to my surprise there was a knock at the door at 7.50am on the Saturday and there it was my TT2.

What can I say total comitment to customer service, well done www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk keep up the good work

Robert
macima
Occasional Visitor

Just purchased TTN2, 256MB SD scard and Emtac BT GPS unit - all arrived first thing next day. So another happy customer.

Mark Mac
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

Thanks to deepsouth, robertuk and macima for your kind words.

We try exceptionally hard with all aspects of our customer service. However, very occasionally things don’t work out. So if anyone reading this forum ever has a problem with our service that they feel cannot be dealt with through our normal customer service channels (customerservices@globalpositioningsystems.co.uk) and have an issue they want to take straight ‘to the top’ please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I’ll be happy to deal with your concerns personally.

Simon Pitts

Director

Spotlight Guides Ltd

simon.pitts@spotlightguides.co.uk

Mulras
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I just purchased an emtac BT GPS - came next day leaving me 110% satisfied.

What's more - it was the best price I had seen by a long way. Thanks for the top service guys.

Simon.
mshah
Regular Visitor

Me too. Ordered the Emtac BTGPS and TT Nav 2. Ordered on Thursday before Easter weekend and arrived for Tuesday after Easter weekend. So far so good.
mjbeale
Occasional Visitor

Great Service - friendly emails, excellent price, great listed web site and prompt service.

10/10
Nobby
Occasional Visitor

I have dealt with this form a number of times and would recommend them to anyone. If I am looking to buy something GPS related they are the first supplier I will go to. They are quite cheap, offer a good range of products (most of which they stock), deliver when they say they will, and answer queries promptly. The one occasion I had a problem with something they supplied, they sorted out a refund with the minimum of fuss.

Definitely recommended

Simon

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I want to post another "thumbs up" for globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. The whole order process (in my case, Haicom 303MMF GPS, USB cable for the Haicom to use with a laptop with no serial port and TomTom Navigator 2 UK software only) was very easy and the customer service faultless.

I knew when I ordered on Friday that the GPS receiver was out of stock - the web site said expected in two to three days. However, that wasn't enough for this firm's idea of customer service. I got an email from Lorna on Monday to say that the Haicom was expected in two to five days - and that they'd get it to me as soon as they could.

I replied thanking her and asking her to keep in touch. I then found a message on my answering machine on Wednesday from Lorna saying that the order had shipped - if anything, earlier than I had expected. It arrived the next day.

When I got the package I thought initially I'd just got the GPS - but they'd slipped the cable and software into the GPS box to protect it.

Price - I couldn't import the Haicom from Semsons for any cheaper really. If I'd imported from the States, and had got VAT and duty levied (I know sometimes things slip through without, but I'd have expected to pay), I'd have paid far more.

As others have said - definitely recommended. Good web site, excellent price, good range of accessories, excellent customer service is my overall impression from this order. If I'm after anything else they stock, I expect to use them for the order.

David
__dg
Occasional Visitor

Good website, with a good range at good prices.

I recently made my first order from them which arrived next day - a good thing about this is that it arrived first thing via the postman, and not a bit later in the day via a courier (when I may have been out).

Just a small comment about the included leaflet which gives advice on troubleshooting and faulty products. I liked the links to a couple of forums, as this can often solve tech problems quicker.

However, the leaflet advises that customers must pay return postage for faulty goods. Under consumer law, it is the seller who is responsible for retrieving faulty goods, and customers can insist on collection or a prepaid returns label.

Anyway, they still get the thumbs up from me.

dg
Scholasticus
Occasional Visitor

I am also pleased with their service and the fact my purchase arrived within the four working days promised.

I will buy from them again.

MA
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

used them for TTN2 maps of WE set - ordered at 2.00pm got them at 8.30am the next morning - cheapest price I could find as well.

only complaint was the postman arrived earlier than normal and I was still in bed! Just shows you can't please some people!

I would thoroughly recommend this company (A++++ as they say on Ebay)

Ian
paulj999
Occasional Visitor

Another good report from me.

Answered email query quickly and then another email for an eta then a final despatch email.

jdw7
Occasional Visitor

My experience with them is not entirely positive. No problems with original purchase they even did a price match for me. However, shortly after getting the thing it went wrong - they didn't want to know and suggested I contact the manufacturer. As it happens this turned out OK as the manufacturer were excellent in sorting out the defective unit. It's just that if I buy a TV from Comet or Dixons and it goes wrong I wouldn't expect to have to go direct to Philips or Sony or whoever.
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

Hi jdw7

I must first apologise for the support (or lack of it) you feel you have received. Obviously this is not the Customer Services we strive to acheive at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. However sometimes the manufacturer can offer the best line of support for situations we are unable to deal with (This is often at the request of the manufacturer themselves)

Without specific knowledge of your concerns I cannot investigate this therefore I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me to discuss this situation further.

Jonathan Bowes

Customer Services (Technician)

Spotlight Guides Ltd

Tel: 08453 45 42 45

Fax: 08453 45 42 65

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: