Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom Navigator 5 Palm & Pocket PC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does. Check out the TomTom website...

www.tomtom.com

or to be more precise...

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=99&Language=1

and...

http://www.tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=99&Language=1

Cheers,
Lydiachris

ps. I WANT THE UPGRADE NOWWWWWWWWWWW....
DataMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think we in USA also could use the new tomtom nav 5 application or should we wait as usuall for next edition?

could it be just downloaded as an upgrade?
nickinvirginia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After leaving a message with TomTom customer service, I received a quick call back. I asked the nice lady when TT5 would be out, and after checking her "list," she told me it would be released June 3 online. I am in the USA, so I can't speak for release dates elsewhere.

I have bought an IPAQ 4700 and am looking forward to bringing it with me to Spain this summer.

I will be able to install both US and European maps on TT5, right?

-Nick
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN 5 uses the same application for the different maps, as long as your maps are compatible then you will be able to use them. On One of my PDAs I have the US, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe all on the same card a 4Gb Kingston one. There is also pleanty of room for other stuff on it as well.
sven74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read the review I'm still puzzled on whether to wait and buy this update, or stick with my TT3 and purchase some additional tools like GPSassist or GPSTuner.

I'm planning on using my pocketpc to navigate during bicycle rides or geocaching.

What features does TT5 have regarding this? Can I use GPSutility to convert Garmin routes to ov2 files without a limitation after importing?

Is the TT5 biking feature more advanced than the one in TT3 which basicly just keeps you off motorways.

Thx for taking your time to reply if you have any more information. Tomtom themselves are not clear on this.
scrumble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by some of the posts in this thread regarding upgrading and the european maps, although it's probably just me reading them wrong. Rolling Eyes

If I buy Tomtom 3 right now, it would cost me an extra £90, depending on the site, to get the European maps for places like France and Germany.

I got the impression from some posts that if I upgrade Tomtom 3 (with out buying the TT3 European maps), then I also get the european maps in with the upgrade.

Is that right, or did I just grab the wrong end of the stick?
sven74
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scrumble,

Looking at the tomtom site it states that for TT 5 "Memory Card comes complete with street-by-street navigation information on your region/country."

Although I also read that all maps would come with TT 5, seeing the statement mentioned above does lead me to think you'll only receive your region and not all the EU maps.
BadTasteUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
TTN 5 uses the same application for the different maps, as long as your maps are compatible then you will be able to use them. On One of my PDAs I have the US, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe all on the same card a 4Gb Kingston one. There is also pleanty of room for other stuff on it as well.

Magic! I knew my question would be answered by someone eventually, even if I had to trawl through some playground toy throwing in the first few pages. Wink

Just to confirm then...I could copy the files off of the supplied 128meg card onto my 512meg SD card? (I keep other stuff on it and it would be a big pain to have to keep swapping cards around)

BTW, 4Gb SD card??? That's hooooge! 8O How much and from where if I may ask?
JNeail
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: CheckPOInt with TTN5.0 Reply with quote

Hi Folks

I'm a big user of CheckPOInt inconjunction with TTN3. Any news on compatability with the new version. The POI add, delete and sync features will be sawly missed let alone the ability to add my own warning sounds.

I've been mailing the people at CheckPOInt but no replys to date... Lets just hope a new version is comming!

If anybody has some news please let me know.

Regards

Jay
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickinvirginia wrote:
After leaving a message with TomTom customer service, I received a quick call back. I asked the nice lady when TT5 would be out, and after checking her "list," she told me it would be released June 3 online. I am in the USA, so I can't speak for release dates elsewhere.

Okay, June 3rd isn't too bad. :D Did the nice lady happen to say if TT5 would be a free update for anyone? I've currently got TT4 on my Palm T3, and I'm "hoping" TT5 will be a free update. 8O
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Bluetooth hardware Reply with quote

Excellent reveiw as always.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy Is it possible to use the new Sirf 111 GPS units with TomTom 5? I was thinking of buying the new Globalsat 338. If so can I buy just the software or do I have to buy the bundled TomTom GPS unit?
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CheckPOInt with TTN5.0 Reply with quote

JNeail wrote:
Hi Folks

I'm a big user of CheckPOInt inconjunction with TTN3. Any news on compatability with the new version. The POI add, delete and sync features will be sawly missed let alone the ability to add my own warning sounds.

I've been mailing the people at CheckPOInt but no replys to date... Lets just hope a new version is comming!

If anybody has some news please let me know.

Regards

Jay

Until TomTom release a new SDK file for V5 and the third party programmers obtain it and then produce new versions of CheckPOInt and GPSAssist, you will either have to stick with TT V3 or upgrade to V5 and use the inbuilt POI announcement which will work the same as the GO does.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: TT5 Release Dates? Reply with quote

Has there been any news on the release dates of TT5 for PDA ??

I see earlier in the post a mention of 3rd June ?
However I have checked the Tom Tom website and that shows the upgrades to start in Mid May (which has passed already)????

I'm inpaitent and want it now :D
AdoB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Maps for Central Europe TT5 Reply with quote

Hi All,
Does anybody know something about plan to add maps for central and eastern europe for TT5 Question
marichrd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New here, but just thought I'd pass this on...

Just got of the phone with TOMTOM, and the Upgrade form 3 to 5 will be available to order next week on the website for 59 Euros. It will include maps for all of Western Europe...

It will be supplied on CD.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 11 of 25

Jump to: