Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help!!! Speeding fine
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!! Speeding fine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Help!!! Speeding fine Reply with quote

gingernut777 wrote:

Off Topic Off Topic Off Topic

What on "Earth" has this to do with GPS?

He may have a TT Go, but the Thread is about getting of a speeding fine.

I said this before, Off Topic .I'll bet if the "Boss Dave"was here, he would lock this thread, forthwith
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgecooldude wrote:
Damn.

I'm 18. if I get points I am banned from driving and have to re-take a long driving test.

Good

If you get court speeding you should be ban for life simple as that, don’t speed then you have nothing to worry about. what gives you more rights then me to break the law?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Jo, give it a rest. Can you honestly say you have never broken a law? And if you don't know the difference between speeding and inappropriate speed then you're letting someone else do your thinking for you.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

(Sit down, Jesus!)
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a big difference between going 71 on the motorway and doing 100 on the motorway right? Not saying anyone here is doing that. But breaking the speed limit is unacceptable full stop. And anyone court doing so should be ban for life and their license should be taken for life. I would put my life on the line here and guarantee if I could run this country for 4 weeks only you would see accidents down by 50% this country is way too soft on people like you that break the speed limit. 70mph is the max you can go on any UK road, and I see so many people everyday breaking it, and what I would like to know is why? And what makes them so special that they think they can break the law?

Tim

Would you be saying give it a rest if one of your family was hit by someone who was speeding?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo,

I've replied by PM as this forum isn't really the correct place. Apologies to all for perpetuating the thread unnecessarily.
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Jo,

I've replied by PM as this forum isn't really the correct place. Apologies to all for perpetuating the thread unnecessarily.

Why not LOCK IT UP THEN
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingernut, let us not head down the same road again please, we have moderators who do a sterling job and they have the full support of the team.

To the rest of the thread contributors, I'm happy to leave this thread running as it raises some interesting issues, GPS Navigation is by its nature primarily targetted at motorists and so motoring issues are not entirely OT but I do not approve of personal insults or slanging matches.

Jo you are welcome to your opinions but lets keep them civil. We're all adults and I'm sure we can have an interesting thread without it descending into a bun fight Driving
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be the balance of opinions:

One point of view is that people shouldn't break the law, excessive speed is dangerous and they deserve what they get if they get fined. Indeed it seems that some people have extreme opinions about what the penalty for speeding should be (ie, a lifetime driving ban).

The other point of view is that it is useful to have a GPS based device to warn of speed camera locations is a useful aid to avoiding getting caught exceeding the speed limit. For some people, this excessive speed may be inadvertant, others may speed deliberately or consider that speed cameras are more about generating revenue than improving road safety.

There are lots of other places on the 'net were these type of discussions can be had and lots of websites offering advice about what to do if you are served with a Notice of Intended Prosecution.

I don't see that the two sides are going to find any common ground here. Can we all just agree to disagree on this one. Wink
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not say someone should be ban for life doing 71, 1mph over but still should have a massive penalty and fine. 70 is 70 and not 71, like I said many times you have to draw the line some where, and it could go on forever you could be doing 76, and say oh but please let me off I was only 6mph over, what’s 6mph? So the simple way to stop all this But oh I was only?? Over the speed limit, is to say 70 is 70 and not 1 bit over. worried about you may go over? I mean it can be so easy to go 71mph when you’re doing 70 right? Easy do 60 then that gives you a massive 10mph to stay within the legal limit. someone sent me a PM and admitted to me they do 170mph everyday 8 times a day and I said to the person you should be ban for life, and to pick up the dam high way code book and start reading. What I personally don’t understand is why do they think they can break the law? and take the law into there own hands? Anyone court doing 170mph should be ban for life and should be put in prison.

Thanks
SGR1913
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doing 170mph everyday, are you sure they're not a pilot?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo, I don't know what point you are trying to make here. The current penalties for exceeding posted speed limits work fine, a small fine and endoresement for a minor contravention with a sliding scale of fines and points up to and inclusing an automatic ban for the worst offenders.

Driving at 60 mph in a 70 mph limit just results in tailbacks and angry motorists as well as turning you into the hazard.

That current system for speed enforecement has ACPO approval and is similar to systems in most other countries. You have made your opinion clear on the subject so lets just leave it at that.
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

My mistake it seems I was PM and the person was talking about how fast they go when they are flying a plane, but why they are telling me about a plane I don’t know. They should have said that in the first place. There are many cars out there that can do that sort of speed, I am only talking about road speed nothing else. But this does not change the fact that most people on average go 100/110 on the motorway.

Darren

Crap

The penalties do Not work at all, if they did why would people speed all the time? I’ll tell you why because they know if they end up getting court not much is going to happen to them except a little fine.

Lock it if you want because this can go on forever

Get court breaking the speed limit you should be ban for life, the only reason people would not want this is because they speed. If you don’t speed then what’s your problem with having penalties that take your license away from you if you get court speeding???
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I said above might not make sence, since you have just edited your post.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jo after passing 2 driving tests and and have done numorous drive and survive courses i can say that its not speed alone that kills its inappropriate speed that does and this is something that the so called safety groups need to get there heads rounds as 6mph over limit its stilk within the tolerance alowed under the constructions and use regulations for motor vehicles do you work for brake by any chance

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
What I said above might not make sence, since you have just edited your post.

I didn't edit my post. May I ask how long you have been driving and what vehicle types you are licenced for? If you made the punishment death it would not stop some people, that's human nature.

I've seen people tootling along in lane 3 of a motorway at 50mph who are far more likely to cause a serious accident than someone doing 80.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: