Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - working! UK Speed Camera's for Medion MDPNA 150
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

working! UK Speed Camera's for Medion MDPNA 150
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to hear its working ok, how much was it in the end?
bemused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tel33 wrote:
Thats good to hear its working ok, how much was it in the end?

Tel33, 29.9 euros, about 20 quid in old money I think, bargain!! All I need to find now are some up to date maps, mine has the new A34/M4 junction in the middle of a large field.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom base conversion Reply with quote

Meeeeeeee,
I use POIEdit from www.PoiEdit.com to convert to and from OV2 format.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£20 eh, thats not bad really.

I would like to know though from alistairm1 what format we would need to get the camera datbase to work with the Navigator 4 or Navagtor 3 system for the Medion MDPNA175 and how we would do it with poiEdit
Regards

tel33
bendawg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Can't get it working! MDPNA150 speed cameras Reply with quote

Hi,

I have downloaded the zip file with everything in and copied the files into the appropriate folders. I have checked and re-checked that they are in the correct places, and I have checked that the dat files have been copied across correctly, I have also made sure that the speed camera listing is checked and set to alert at 150 yrds... but it doesn't do anything! No warnings at all...
Any suggestions?

Thanks
B :D
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make sure that Navigator was not running when you transferred the files across?

Plus make sure that the Verbal Visual Notification is chekced in Alert Setttings.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Can't get it working! MDPNA150 speed cameras Reply with quote

tel33, sorry for the delay, I have been off the air for a few days.
I convert the OV2 file to Navio Ascii format.
This produces a file which can be copied directly into the POIWarner POI directory. From there it can be selected from the overlay management screens.
There is usually a .bmp file available to use with the overlay. These go in the same directory.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Can't get it working! MDPNA150 speed cameras Reply with quote

tel33,
forgot to mention that you use the batch convert function in POIEdit to create the Ascii file.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there alistairm1

Thanks for the info on the conversion details, I am not sure if the POIWarner works with 3.1.75_69.21CE version on my Medion MDPNA175 GPS or with the Medion Navigator 3.1D version I have with it.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks tel33
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tel33,
Unfortunately, I have only come to satnav in the past few months, so I only know what I have been able to get to work with V4.2 .
Also, my German is almost non-existant, so trying to read the POIWarner web site is a bit beyond me.

As an aside, I have been experimenting with making my own POI files (but only of my company offices How sad!!!)
I have found that you only need three fields LAT, LONG and a name.
If you have a postcode, MULTIMAP will show the LAT and LONG below the map. Copy this into a file, put a couple of commas in and a name, save as a .asc file and away you go.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge.

Regards,

alistairm1
rb5286
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hijack this thread...

Bob, i'm trying to get the Shell Garage POI database to work on the PNA150, how do i convert this from the csv to a usable file on the pna?

cheers
booby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras for MDPNA 175 Reply with quote

Hi

Only just got the MDPNA 175 a few hours ago, I`m really interested in installing the speed camera files. Will they work with the MDPNA 175 like they do with the MDPNA 150. Am I right in assuming the MDPNA 175 is bascially a mini pc and works just like windows does?

If it all goes wrong can it be fixed by reseting it or using the cd roms that came with it.

Cheers for any info

Rob
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booby.

If you do this then you will have to make a backup via activesync on a pc, this will ensure that you can reload it all back in if it goes pear shaped which in my experience it can.

So far it has worked on my MDPNA175 but I have version 3.175_69.31CE of Medion Navigator and it runs on WinCE NET 4.2 core so make sure yours runs on that otherwise I cant really say it will.

Its your choice.

Regards

tel33
booby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: MDA 175 with speed cameras Reply with quote

I have version 4.4 (thats what it says on the screen when you press the navigator button) I`ll have a try and see if it works.

bob
booby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: MAD 175 Version 4.4 Reply with quote

Hi

The program file is not called navigator.exe but instead mnavdce. It is also 2.14 mb, so about twice the size of version 3. I`m thinking that it has the extra files like the auto alert.dat files included within the program file. This will explain why it doesn`t need them. I might go back to version 3 and see if it works.

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: