Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed cams - now this would be clever!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed cams - now this would be clever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Speed cams - now this would be clever! Reply with quote

The Pocket GPS Speedcam database is a brilliant add on to the TTG... and we all now how those guys love a challenge...

Well, before buying my TTG I had a Snooper Neo S4. One clever feature was that when a camera came up on route it would show on the screen but only bleep if you were OVER the speed limit designated for the road. Clever? The other thing I liked was that it only warned if the cam was on your side of the road. It would also filter out town and motorway cams so that if you were on the motorway you would not be warned of a cam in a nearby town road. All the data is available in the TTG ie vehicle speed, road type, direction of travel... Perhaps its only a matter of time before these features are available on the TTG whether via TomTom or the Pocket GPS guys?

Dream on I guess... Rolling Eyes
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the add-ons to TomTom Navigator 3 on the Pocket PC have this functionality. Certainly GPSAssist and CheckPOInt do. However, such 'speed sensitive' warnings are not available on Go, as you noted.

David
Madkitty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
Some of the add-ons to TomTom Navigator 3 on the Pocket PC have this functionality. Certainly GPSAssist and CheckPOInt do. However, such 'speed sensitive' warnings are not available on Go, as you noted.

David

am I totally missing these functions? where are they?

TomTom Navigator 3
HP Ipaq 1940
512mb SD card
Checkpoint

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: