Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Opinions wanted - best GPS software for Palm T3?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions wanted - best GPS software for Palm T3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Opinions wanted - best GPS software for Palm T3? Reply with quote

Coming from a Garmin Streetpilot, I've had TomTom Navigator on my T3 for a couple months now. Nice software - 3D views and such, but it seems to be lacking features I was used to with the Garmin's SP - such as a screen displaying a compass, speed, avg speed, etc. There also doesn't seem to be a way to plan an A->B route to a POI that's out of the area, without locating the POI and then saving it as a favorite. TomTom Navigator also seems pretty cumbersome when you want to change a portion of your route.

Can anyone recommend alternative Palm GPS solutions that do the above, or are more full featured? Thanks in advance for any advice or information.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm in the U.S. if that makes any difference. 8O
clivearmitage
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on TomTom 3 for the Palm, and have found the Tomtom customer service to be very very poor, taking 6 months to send me one power lead that should have been included in my pack (the other power lead isn't even made anymore, so I can't attach the bluetooth receiver to the battery direct to permanently instal it in the car, but have to attach it to the palm holder each time I get in; alot of wires on my dashboard).

I'm also interested in changing my software after this pathetic customer support. Good luck.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: