Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this thread has gone off topic.

geejay38, you have people here who genuinely want to help you but you do need to read the resources that have been shown to you. May I suggest that you have a look at Kremmen's suggested resource, i.e. How to install Speed Camera Alerts to Honda Connect at Civinfo.com. Grab yourself a cup of coffee as well as a notepad and pen and read (and take notes) the entire thread (currently 6 pages and over 100 posts).

If you have any further question then I'm sure that you can join and post at Civinfo.com or continue to post in the Nissan Connect 3 (LCN2) thread here.

Good luck with loading the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto you Nissan built-in SatNav. Don't forget that once you've succeeded, post your findings in the Nissan Connect 3 (LCN2) thread so that others can benefit as that's how we all learn.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
Had hoped with over 2600 viewers on Connect related pages would get a result but can only wait and see!
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer
Thanks for your suggestion but too complicated for me I’m afraid.
Instead I have downloaded CamerAlert to my iPhone and get type of camera warning that way
Very Happy
Nebil8889
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geejay38 wrote:
Privateer
Thanks for your suggestion but too complicated for me I’m afraid.
Instead I have downloaded CamerAlert to my iPhone and get type of camera warning that way
Very Happy

Have done the same here, the other stuff gets too complicated for me. it does the job though
arick111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

JackieD wrote:
Hi

Could I ask a coupe of questions? You say here we can either downloads the full list or the speed zoned subcategories. Does the full list give you the exact same info as the speed zoned sub categories? I just wonder why I would choose one option of download over the other. GB whatsapp

Also, as I run CoPilot Live 5 I need to download csv and bmp files but what about the xls files? What are these for? And do I also need to downloads all those wav files in the database? Fm whatsapp

I think I may have spent an hour downloading the wrong files!

Certainly, I'd be happy to answer your questions!

Regarding the first question, the full list should contain all of the information that is included in the speed zoned subcategories. However, the speed zoned subcategories are organized based on speed limits, which can be useful if you want to focus on a particular range of speeds. For example, if you're primarily interested in locations with a speed limit of 70 mph, you might prefer to download the speed zoned subcategory that includes only those locations. On the other hand, if you want a comprehensive list of all locations, regardless of speed limit, then the full list would be the better option.

As for your second question, the xls files are spreadsheet files that contain additional information about the locations, such as latitude and longitude coordinates, address details, and other metadata. These files may be useful if you need to manipulate the data in a spreadsheet program, but they are not necessary if you only plan to use the data in CoPilot Live 5.

In terms of the audio files (wav files), these are voice prompts that can be used to provide audible alerts when approaching a location in CoPilot Live 5. However, these files are optional and not necessary for the basic functionality of the software.

I hope this answers your questions, and please let me know if you have any further concerns or issues!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: