Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: ttm300 go speed camera Reply with quote

Hi Robert,
Good to read the camera details. One question please,
i have downloaded via the pgpsw website the latest (3oth april) database. Does this cover van cameras as I think it suggests in your piece?

cheers
Keith
Embarassed
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does. Mobile cameras are 'van' cameras.

Regards,

Bo Peep.
MRC99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got the checkpoint software, and put the files in the map directory, but couldnt find them in the overlay options. anyone know how i get round this? or what im doin wrong?

Cheers
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: mobile camera Reply with quote

Hi Bo Peep,
chers for that. I asked because "people" keep telling me that ttg and ttg300 camera database only covers fixed cameras and not rolling mobiles
thanks again though
Keith
Smile
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: mobile camera Reply with quote

Sorry Bo Peep,
To check in here, I think I need to select the individual downloads to get these i.e. mobile, spec and temp instead of just redlight, gatso and continental?
Just up!
cheers Confused
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: red light camera Reply with quote

so you can tell I'm new at this.
Question: i have saved a red light poi near my home and yes there isnt one there, anyone tell me how to delete without deleting all camera stuff??
cheers
keith 8O
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keefrto,

keefrto wrote:
I asked because "people" keep telling me that ttg and ttg300 camera database only covers fixed cameras and not rolling mobiles.

What’s this ttg and ttg300 camera database? The PocketGPSWorld camera database covers fixed (Gatso and Truvelo), mobile, temporary road works, red traffic light, and Specs. Thumbs Up

keefrto wrote:
To check in here, I think I need to select the individual downloads to get these i.e. mobile, spec and temp instead of just redlight, gatso and continental?

Yes you have the choice to download and use which ones you want. For the Gatso (and Truvelo) and mobile database you can even download the speed zoned ones so that you can be warned for each speed limit with a different sound and with a different icon on your map.

keefrto wrote:
Question: i have saved a red light poi near my home and yes there isnt one there, anyone tell me how to delete without deleting all camera stuff??

To delete a wrongly recorded camera just delete it.

If you have a TT GO the method is:
Change preferences | Manage (Maintain) POI | Delete POI
Select the POI category, then the individual POI, then confirm that you want to delete the POI.

If you find a camera that no longer exists that the database reports as a warning then please make a note of its id and type and send an email to Richard at:

Cameras [at] PocketGPSWorld [dot] com

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Robert! got rid of the camera position
prior to buying the ttg300 i asked the sales peeps about the speed camera and they all said no the ttg300 does not have the ability to know when its approaching a van (mobile ) speed camera hence my question. I have now put these onto my unit.

fanx
Keith :D
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Robert

Im in a pickle trying to get the camera details working with the latest card/UK maps that arrived from TomTom this week, so hopefully you can get me back on the right road. I am using a TomTom GO unit

With my original card I just downloaded the camera details each month from pocketgpsworld and, following the instructions, loaded these into the UK map directory on the card.

Although I tried that with the new card/UK maps nothing worked. Im obviously doing something wrong.

When I download the camera details from pocketgpsworld this arrived in a zip file. I then used WinZip to reveal the contents, after which I select all bmp and ov2 files and extract these to a Temp folder on my computer. Its then I notice that all the bmp and ov2 files have somehow been sorted into 4 directories, with sub directories in some cases.

First of all I just copied these 4 folders to the map folder on the new card. I think that is possibly where I may have gone wrong and have been wondering if I should extract all the ov2 and bmp files themselves and copy each one of these into the map folder.

Alternatively there may be some other way of getting this working.

Hopefully you or somebody else can help.

McToshie
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only copy the ov2 and bmp files NOT the folders. As before use EITHER the single file version of the gatso and mobile cameras OR the speed zoned versions.

Richard
pt68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to the GPS and have a Palm OS with TomTom navigator. I have, I believe, copied the required files to the SD card. I understand that I next have to copy the files into the GB map folder.

How do I do this, when I go into "Card Info" on the palm I just get details of the amount of used and free space and the type of card, i.e. no details of any programs/files on the card.

I note on another post the mention of a card reader, I don't have a card reader. Is this required.

Help will be appreciated.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pt68,

pt68 wrote:
I am new to the GPS and have a Palm OS with TomTom navigator. I have, I believe, copied the required files to the SD card. I understand that I next have to copy the files into the GB map folder.

I’m afraid that I don’t know the Palm system. However which version of TomTom Navigator for Palm do you have? I think that you need the latest version, which is 4.40.

pt68 wrote:
How do I do this, when I go into "Card Info" on the palm I just get details of the amount of used and free space and the type of card, i.e. no details of any programs/files on the card.

It’s best to copy the files directly from the PC to the correct folder, in this case the GB Map. Presumably when you connect the PC to the Palm you can view the folders on the Palm storage card from the PC?

pt68 wrote:
I note on another post the mention of a card reader, I don't have a card reader. Is this required.

A card reader is not required, but it really does make the copying of data from your PC to the card (and vice versa) so much easier.

Hopefully a Palm user will be able to advise better then me. Another tip is to ensure that you back up your storage card before you make any changes.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
pt68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, thanks for your guidance, I will try tonight.
b4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a ipaq 1715 running TT3. i have downloaded the camera db and copied the ov2 files to the SD card under the map. It then says run check POint. How do I do that? cant find it anywhere. thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b4 wrote:
i have a ipaq 1715 running TT3. i have downloaded the camera db and copied the ov2 files to the SD card under the map. It then says run check POint. How do I do that? cant find it anywhere. thanks

Try here.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: