Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ukpostcodes - end of the line
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ukpostcodes - end of the line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: reinstall postcodes Reply with quote

Hi there all.

Please could anyone be of any help , needed to do a hard reset a little while ago & hence lost my postcode finder. Have the folder installed on a sd card which inside are 2 file types .. ukpostcode.dat and ukpostcode.exe nothing happens when i try to run these programs, the size of the programs are ukpostcode.exe 35.0Kb
ukpostcode.dat 18.5Mb

Is it possible to reload this back and start using the postcode application again. I have checkpoint installed again.

Please can someone clever help me ....
Thankyou.
grasmere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I know that - I had to do a hard reset because I had problems with my pda recognising the storage card - I had to format the card to ensure it wasnt the card that was the problem - hence the loss of data

you dont happen to have the dbase do you Smile
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: reinstall postcodes Reply with quote

monkeyboy wrote:

Please could anyone be of any help , needed to do a hard reset a little while ago & hence lost my postcode finder. Have the folder installed on a sd card which inside are 2 file types .. ukpostcode.dat and ukpostcode.exe nothing happens when i try to run these programs, the size of the programs are ukpostcode.exe 35.0Kb
ukpostcode.dat 18.5Mb

It might shed some light to have a look at this posting

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also at http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18447

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
monkeyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: postcode zip file Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Rich.

Had a look at the install instructions but you need more files where i only have the 2. Would anyone know what the zip file was called , think i may still have this but can't search for it as not that sure what it was called.

Thankyou
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: postcode zip file Reply with quote

monkeyboy wrote:
Thanks for your reply Rich.

Had a look at the install instructions but you need more files where i only have the 2. Would anyone know what the zip file was called , think i may still have this but can't search for it as not that sure what it was called.

Thankyou

I have answered in your other post(you may be scolded for double posting) Smile but you can also search for zip files in Windows ..select Find then type in "zip" and they should be listed..pick the one with ukpostcodes Exclamation
monkeyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Need Help with files Reply with quote

Hi, cant find the orginal zip file so i only have these 2 files , am i out of luck now ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help with files Reply with quote

monkeyboy wrote:
Hi, cant find the orginal zip file so i only have these 2 files , am i out of luck now ?

That's all you need, the TTNControl.arm.cab file that was alos included can be found in the CheckPOInt POI Installer. So if you install CheckPOInt you'll be sorted Smile
monkeyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Post codes Reply with quote

Excellent , finally done it , thanks for all your help...
Central1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you OS.
What is the harm in allowing folks to find their way to a location by using a postcode?
This will not affect the sale of their maps – or perhaps it should – maybe we could all stop purchasing their maps for being so petty.
If anyone can help with a link for the postcode add-on for Tomtom 3 I would be grateful if not I’ll just wait for Tomtom 5.
Pete. central@tiscali.co.uk
mcdermottrick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look on overnet or edonkey p2p for the file here is the ed2k link

ed2k://|file|ukpostcode_all_ppc2002.zip|11765325|024e81b96384c9c3265ca72bbe6e7ca4|

copy and paste it into edonkey and there is your file
nnishp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone mail me a copy of this to install? Its something that would really help me out!! The link above doesnt seem to want to work with me!! nishant_p@yahoo.com please if yo ucan.
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can download it from here http://www.mumsaway.talktalk.net/files/

Garmin Zumo 390LM
carl_w
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine OS being "scared of the competition" from Digitools. ISTM that new users will buy TT5, which has postcode lookup in it already (presumably licensed by OS, so they get their money). There are two sorts of TTN3 users -- those who will upgrade to TTN5 (thereby paying OS's licence fee) and those who won't. Those who won't are existing users who are already using digitools -- OS hasn't got a hope of finding and prosecuting them. So the only people they'll stop is people buying TTN3 between now and when TTN5 is released, which can't be many.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: