Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Missing and damaged CD’s !!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing and damaged CD’s !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Missing and damaged CD’s !!! Reply with quote

I received 2 TomTom parcels from DHL today.

On opening the first, the CD inside was badly damaged with pieces of the case loose in the padded envelope.

The actual CD was cracked and doesnt look like it would play.

The second parcel was in perfect condition, everything seemed fine, the disc was sealed and not damaged.

When i Opened the cellophane there was no actual CD !!!

So 2 parcels and still no Navigator 2 !!!

I have emailed Tomtom and await their response, has anone else had similar problems ?
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Missing and damaged CD’s !!! Reply with quote

Oh Dear! Sorry to hear that, mine has not arrived yet and it was sent on Saturday last.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Let me know when yours arrives, mine was sent last Sunday! When I received TTN1 1.21 the CD was rattling around in the slimline jewel case, all the teeth in the center part of the cd case were all snapped off and sitting under the CD. I had a few scratches on the CD, luckily it still worked.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Reply from Tomtom.....

Dear Alasdair,

Thanks for your mail.

Please return the TomTom Navigator 2 CD(only the CD no box please) to our

address and we will send you a replacement CD

Address:

TomTom

Spuistraat 112-114 (first floor)

1012 VA Amsterdam

The Netherlands

Regards,

TomTom Customer Services

support@tomtom.com

http://www.tomtom.com

*** Please leave the ticket identifier in the subject of your reply ***

No mention of the other empty CD Case....
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 08 April 2003

Let me know when yours arrives, mine was sent last Sunday! When I received TTN1 1.21 the CD was rattling around in the slimline jewel case, all the teeth in the center part of the cd case were all snapped off and sitting under the CD. I had a few scratches on the CD, luckily it still worked.

It just arrived Dave! - Now do I risk installing it on my 3870?
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

David,

I backed up my iPaq to the sd card before installing TTN2, and made a copy of, and then renamed, the maps folder on the SD.

Now if all goes wrong, even while I'm in the middle of a trip, I can go back to TTN1 if I need to.

I reckon if you are able to do the same, there is little to be lost in giving it a go.

And BTW, mine works fine so far (iPaq 5450), so I guess there's at least a 50/50 chnace it will be OK on yours.

Mark
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Reply from Tomtom on the missing CD.....

Dear Alasdair,

Thanks for your mail.

Excuse us for the inconvience.

We will send you a replacement cd asap.

Regards,

TomTom Customer Services

support@tomtom.com

http://www.tomtom.com

*** Please leave the ticket identifier in the subject of your reply ***

I wonder how many other people are set to receive an empty box from them, or am I just that unlucky !!!!!!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

David, certainly backup your iPAQ just in case, but I've installed TTN2 this morning onto a 3870 and with Emtac/Socket BTGPS and it works okay for me.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Just received my package from Tomtom

This gets better !!

Many Thanks to Tomtom for the CD Rom I have just received, this time it arrived in perfect condition with the CD Rom inside the sealed packaging.

One very big problem.....

THEY HAVE SENT ME THE " TomTom Navigator 2 Benelux ", WHICH IS A LOT OF USE IN THE UK!!!

This is fast becoming a Joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

Don't really know what they do at the moment. I got shipping confirmation for 8.4, nothing arrived sofar and than I call to get Tracking number, they don't have this, but interstingly the guy on the phone than said that it was only shipped yesterday? So they send e-mail and 2 days later they actually send it? That sounds really strange and not really what I paid for???
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Mr London

The Address on the invoice is;

Care 4 Data Services

Hoorn 135

2404 HH Alphen aan den Rijn

The Netherlands

I think they must pass out the orders to this lot and they deliver it, probably means that they passed it over on 8/4 and "Care 4 Data Services" sent it out yesterday.

Interesting that my email from Tomtom yesterday about the missing CD was sent at 08.14 AM and I got the package by DHL at 12.30 today !!
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Good job I copied my original Tomtom Navigator 1 disc onto CDR before I sent it back otherwise I would be snookered now.

I had already installed the software and was in the process of installing the maps before I realised i had got the Benelux Maps !!!
adobbing
Lifetime Member

Still no CD's !!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: