Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Future Product Upgrade Pricing - Maybe a problem...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Product Upgrade Pricing - Maybe a problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Future Product Upgrade Pricing - Maybe a problem... Reply with quote

The more I think about it the next TT upgrade, it will introduce a number of problems mainly around pricing & upgrade paths.

Last year it was very simple, V2 - V3 and there was a free upgrade depending on when the product was purchased or the chargeable upgrade.

This year they have a number of different products, these being

TomTom V3 (Full Version)
TomTom V4.04 (Basic Version)
TomTom Mobile
TomTom GO
TomTom Palm

I cannot see TomTom charging the same price to move from V4.05 to lets say V5 as a V3 users as these are different products. I'll be disappointed if I'm charged the same upgrade fee as a V4.04 user.

Also if I'm a registered TT V3 user, can I upgrade to TT Mobile ?

They will also have to mange the process as I can see that there will be opportunities to by pass the upgrade process.

Finally if a customer buys one copy of European Maps but has TT Mobile & TT Navigator can they use the single copy against multiple programs?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Future Product Upgrade Pricing - Maybe a problem... Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Finally if a customer buys one copy of European Maps but has TT Mobile & TT Navigator can they use the single copy against multiple programs?

This is a bit of a non-issue since having TT Mobile and TT Navigator implies that you have also bought the maps that came with them - you simply cannot buy just the program.

If you have valid licenses for each of the maps you own then you should be able to use them on any (one) device of your choice.

just my 2cw

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'r missing the point, previous there was a singl upgrade price, this will not be possible going forward because of the different versions.

The other point regarding the maps, because there will be common platform if like me you own different version ie Navigator UK & Mobile Uk, you will be able to purchase one copy of the european maps and they will work for both products.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see the issue, why would you upgrade from TomTom Go to TomTom4/5 or TomTom Mobile to TomTom4/5 , they are not the same product and run on different platforms?

Why should someone who has bought TomTom 4.04 pay a different price to someone who has bought TomTom3 to upgrade to the next product? If they have both bought a product in the same time frame which is less than a year and they both want a later product?

It costs TomTom to same to upgrade both customers and it is not as if 4.04 was on the upgrade path to 3 users. TomTom 4/5 is the next upgrade on the path for both 3 & 4.04 users.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: