Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help me decide which gps navigation software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help me decide which gps navigation software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: help me decide which gps navigation software Reply with quote

hello all, i am newbie in here, i am looking for gps navigation for driving purposes for new york city and suburban new jersey streets and ocasionally walking navigation. I want reliable, accurate, automatic rerouting, safety is my priority concern in driving, i will rely most of my driving base on loud volume voice guidance.

Anyone recommend what combination bluetooth gps&navigation software&voice amplified for use with ipaq2200?

Thank you very much for all your help.
win2win
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received Tom Tom yesterday. Installed it, set a route to test it and went off on my journey. I live in N Wales, and managed to do a 22 mile journey, were only 7 miles of roads were actually on Tom Tom!!! Many junctions I came to didn't exist, and even a road to the main A55 juntion turnoff was not even on there even though it was built 4 years ago!!!

Even a planned journey to Liverppol failed, as it didn't know Kirkstone Road, and this is the nusiest road in the UK during the school run!!!

On my second journey was trying to take me miles out of the way to my target as it just didn't have the shortcut roads on it's database.

It may be good for long distance journeys on major roads, but come off them and your .

This is a complete waste of money and the company WILL NOT give me my money back even though it is of no use to me, and doesn't do the job I bought it for. Rip-off I call it.

Now I'll have to try and get Tom Tom to cancel the registration code, so I can sell it on Ebay at a LOSS!!!

I'll be buying CoPilot 5 which does door to door, and by the looks of the screenshots, has all the smaller roads were the houses are.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure you're not on the major roads of europe? i loaded great britain and am able to find kirstone road south l21 5, north l21 7, west l21 0, avenue wa11 7.
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sounds to me like you only have installed the Major Roads of Europe map and not the full Great Britain map. Could you be more specific about what route you planned and what you expected? Also, where exactly do you think this Kirkstone Road is supposed to be (which city)?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did you Buy tomtom for then if not for navigation it sounds like you may have loaded the major roads of europe as ive had no problem in using it in wales or any where in the uk if your lokking at copilot then it is very bias towards main roads and tomtom beats it hands down in terms of routing.
as for routing in new york and jersey then tomtom copilot and mappopils (spelling sorry) could be the ones to look at

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: