Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom3 updates on typhoon 3500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom3 updates on typhoon 3500
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No what difference does this make Wink Wink Wink
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob1,

It makes every difference!

If you’re not using a fully legitimate installation of TomTom Navigator 3 then I have heard that you will experience problems similar to those that you have already described.

If it is indeed the case that you are not using a fully legitimate installation then I would suggest that you purchase a legitimate version so that you can use 3.07, which is a major improvement on version 3.0!

The use of a non-legitimate installation of any application is software piracy and theft. Money does not go to the authors who in turn have less money to licence newer maps and to develop better applications. None of us at PocketGPSWorld condone the use of non-legitimate applications.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreover, you've wasted a lot of people's time, Rob, on trying to help you with a problem that is entirely down to you attempting to use hacked software - a fact that you kept from us all until Robert asked.

I've read this thread several times as it's developed, tried to figure out what was wrong, and hadn't got a clue what was wrong until Robert asked the question he did.

Though I've no inside information, it wouldn't be surprising if TomTom deliberately stopped any hacks known to them from working in 3.07 - they have every right to protect their revenue and intellectual property (as well as that intellectual property that they licence from TeleAtlas and others).

Pocket GPS World doesn't support the use of software other in accordance with a licence agreement. As Robert says, the only way that we're going to get upgrades and new features is if people pay for what they want to use. TomTom Navigator 3 is not expensive for what it is - if you want a shock, look at the price of a map disc for one of the navigation systems you can buy built in to a new car. They're often £150 or more - more than half as much again as TomTom Navigator 3.

David
Rob1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I cannot upgrade my software above 3 01 does this mean therefore that the person who actually started this question page has also got a crack version of the 3.01 as he can also not go past this version????? OR could there infact be another reason??? Wink Wink Wink Wink
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

First of all you have a non-legitimate installation of TomTom Navigator 3, which means that you don’t have a licence, therefore it is not your software. If I remember, TTNav 3.01 had a lot of problems, which were addressed in 3.03. TTNav 3.07 is even better.

There is no reason why you can’t join the ranks of people who are using TTNav 3.07, all you have to do is pay about £96.95.

Your concern for the person who started this topic is commendable, however as they have not replied recently we have no way of knowing. If they are reading this then all they have to do is contact TomTom with their Product Code and I’m sure that TomTom will help them.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: