Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What Dedicated GPS System to Buy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What Dedicated GPS System to Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NU2GPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: What Dedicated GPS System to Buy Reply with quote

I’m getting an Xda IIs for use by the company I work for and thought that I could use my copy of Tom Tom 3 on it, but I unsure if this will work.

So time to change my plans I think,

Can anyone help recommend a dedicated GPS system to buy?

My budget is approx £400.00.

I need it to be portable from car to car and walking in town/city, full maps of the UK and Europe with 2D/3D view and able to show a speed camera database, also a map Cyprus as an add-on if possible.

Systems I have been currently looking at are:

Navigon BlueMedia PNA Sat-Nav at £399.00, but I’m unfamiliar with the software.

Mio 269 at £399.00, I do like the look of this one lots of storage and maps and all the accessories you could need.

Garmin Quest £338.85, I came this unit while surfing the net.

Navman iCN 510 £399.00, this may be similar to the Mio 269 but it does not have the storage.

Mio 168 £200.00, this seams to be the cheapest option and I can install my Tom Tom 3.

If anyone can me I would appreciate it. Laughing
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mio 168 is probably the cheapest, neatest option.

I use mine for car driving with CoPilot, and walking around town with MemoryMap London A-Z . I also use MemoryMap OS for walking in the country by selecting the relevant section of OS and downloading it to the Mio.

I use a 1Gb SD card as maps take up lots of space. You can also buy a battery extender using AA batteries for about £7 to ensure you always have power when out walking.
Andy_HTFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gripp wrote:
I also use MemoryMap OS for walking in the country by selecting the relevant section of OS and downloading it to the Mio.

I was looking at the mio for dual use very similar to your own (I'm leaning towards Tom Tom & Memory Map rather than CoPilot/Memory Map at the moment). The thing that put me off though is the angled aerial - isn't that a bit awkward when you're walking?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: