Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI for Tom Tom 3 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI for Tom Tom 3 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: POI for Tom Tom 3 ? Reply with quote

Just bought Tom Tom 3 for my XDA, Ok the maps are well out of date and Im willing to wait for the Anual update (when ever that is), then I found the wonders of POI edit and tell me if Im stupid but am I right in thinking the POI's dont work on Tom Tom 3 ?

Please help me as my wife is complaining already that my hair is falling out and with this new aquisition I seem to be loosing more !
Many thanks Sam.

Confused
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

The POIs in TomTom Navigator 3 should work OK. The default POIs that come with TTNav (and which you can’t edit) may be out-of-date. However custom POIs will work OK.

Could you tell me how the POIs aren’t working for you and which ones are causing you a problem?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Sammy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 3 POI Reply with quote

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply, Ill try and give you the short story and if it sounds like I havnt got a clue, that would be right !

Im running and down loading with POI edit, thats all fine, i can select Pubs, Clubs, Hotels, Speed Camera, infact Im selecting "All" of each Data Base instead of the individual sections. I dont know if that makes a difference ?

I am saving them to my XDA in SD card in the Map file, is this where i am going wrong, should it be saved as a seperate file in the SD card ?

As regards to what effect these down loads have had to the poi, there are no extra entries to navigate to or identified as you are in use.

Please tell me I have made a simple mistake and stop being a moron !

thanks Sam

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: