Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD501 Observations/Queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD501 Observations/Queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: SD501 Observations/Queries Reply with quote

Now that I've had the SD501 for two weeks I've got one or two queries/observations which EasyD2/other users might be able to help with. Firstly it seems very slow to lock on, especially on the first start of the day when it can take around three or four minutes, even though in TTN3 GPS Status it can be showing 8 greyed out satellites with at least three or four showing more than 50% strength. When it does lock on sometimes it does not use some of the strong satellites, leaving them greyed out.

Compared to my defunct TTBT it both underruns and overruns badly on the map during starting and stopping the car. It also seems to find it difficult keeping the road alignment showing correctly on the 3D map view at slow speed, and is much slower than the TTBT in realising I've not followed the routing instructions, probably due to the overrun mentioned above. It doesn't seem to perform as well as the PocketGPS review kit.

Anyone got any ideas for tweaking this? Using the clip-on aerial doesn't seem to make any difference, nor does switching it on outside the car reduce the time to lock on. Once the kit gets going on a few occasions I have seen 11 satellites locked on so reception in the car is obviously not a problem.

I was amazed when for security reasons I put the 2210/SD501 combination, still switched on, into the glove compartment whilst I was in a shop for five minutes and it was still showing four red satellites as I opened the box.
mhgjeh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I have the same start up issues of 2 to 3 minutes, although I've hand no problems with overrun as it has seemed pretty accurate to date. I picked my Sd-501 up from hong kong via ebay ( should not make a differnece to the drivers?). Are you using the nxxx 4800 driver?

Mark
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark - Yep - it's all set up properly but I think I'm about locate what the problem is - will post back when I'm sure and have done some more testing.
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent the SD-501 back under warranty to Easydevices and received a replacement back just 25 hours after they received the duff item. Now all is sweetness and light - works a treat. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: