Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using the software for only a few days, so here are my observations.

Trying to join the A4 from the Heathrow 'Concorde' Roadabout it says you should turn right to go west on the A4 but a right turn is not possible. Subsequent U-turn instructions are made where the central reservation has no gaps!

Leaving the M60 for the A663, it will ask you to turn left and then do a u-turn if you want to go right. A right turn is possible at that junction.

In Leeds city centre the junction of Globe Road and Water Lane is nothing more than a left bend in the road, but I am told to turn left at the end of the road.

Also, the usual bear left, when it should be turn left. Keep left when it should be take the exit etc!

I'm sure I'll find more soon!
SteveF48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

M20 heading east near the M26 junction says that you're on Archcliffe Road, Dover (A20). As you near Dover it corrects itself, then goes wrong again.
Deal, where I live doesn't appear at all. According to TTN2 I live in Sholden, which is a minute village about a mile away.
It's something to do with their decision to use administrative districts, instead of PostCodes. Deal falls within Dover District, so only its suburbs and outlying villages like Walmer, Sholden, Ripple etc. show up. It's obviously time to move somewhere smaller.
SteveF48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

I've now read some of the other posts and Kinghill, West Malling appears correctly in SWI's Mapviewer software. My version is over a year old.
Maybe I should have bought Mapsonic instead of TTN2?
What really annoys me, is that we will be forced to pay for new maps when they become available.
What's the chance of persuading TomTom to provide free upgrades to everyone who posted an error here?
Ginger
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

Travelling westbound on the A574, Birchwood Way, Warrington at the junction with Oakwood Gate, Tom Tom instructs me to do a U turn and then bear left to take the second exit on the roundabout.
Matty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A228 East Peckham By-pass is not there, the map still indicates you to go throught the Village. This is the newish (Built about 4 years ago) That goes from the end of Five Mile Lane to The Whitbread Hop Farm (Bookers Oast, Brewers Fayre Pub)

I've used the road for the last 3.5 years so should surely be in the map database?????
MarcusW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: TTN2 Map errors Reply with quote

I've had my system for about 1 week and here's what I've found so far. Sorry If any of these have already been posted.

Hertfordshire, A5 Northbound and Southbound 51:50:40N, 0:28:11W (just North of Markyate) to 51:50:59N, 0:28:36W. Tells me to "Keep Right" and repeats this about 6 times in quick succession.

Hertfordshire, Welwyn, A1(M) Southbound J6 51:49:35N, 0:12:34W. Exit slip road is missing. Interestingly Multimap has this slip road missing at the higher magnification maps but it is present at the lower magnifications.

Hertfordshire, Welwyn Garden City, Howlands/Beehive Lane 51:47:05N, 0:11:15W. Shows a one way road cutting off the corner of the junction. This has the wrong direction and is only there for buses to service the bus stop and allow them to turn around.

Essex, Harlow, M11 Northbound 51:45:26N, 0:08:49E. Told to exit M11 and then do a 'U' turn where there is no exit from the motorway.

All coordinates have been acquired from Multimap.

If I find any more I'll post them.
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my system a couple of weeks now (iPAQ 2210 with Haicom CF MMF and TomTom). Here are a few of the map errors i have found so far.

1) Flixton in Manchester has Waveney written in brackets after it, i believe the Waveney Flixton is down in Suffolk.

2) The roundabout where Hoylake Road, Laird Street, Stanley Road, Corporation Road and Tollemache Road meet is no longer a roundabout, its a trafic light controlled junction, and Sumner Road which TomTom thinks joins this roundabout actually has a metal fence and a pathway at the end blocking it from joining the roundabout/junction

3) The M60 Junction 9 is being re-developed.

4) The 1st roundabout south of M60 J10 where Barton Road joins with Shetland Way has another exit opposite Shetland Way, which takes you into Trafford Retail Park and the Priory Motor Group. TomTom keeps instructing me to take the 1st exit at this roundabout, thinking it is taking me towards the Motorway from Urmston. Bulwark Road between this roundabout and the motorway doesnt exist anymore (its now part of Trafford Retail Park)

5) I believe the postcode for Grosvenor Road area in Birkenhead starts CH and not L
agibbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5 between Shrewsbury and Owestry has a nice new bypass around Nesscliffe. Using multimap this shows at the Collins route planning scale, but not on the OS 1:50000 scale or the TeleAtlas detail view.
thebears
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: The roads that i have driven on, missing Reply with quote

A6 Rushden bypass from the A45 to the old A6 south of Rushden.

A43 Silverstone Bypass - All new parts of the bypass.
Dave-RoadEX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

Just thought i would agree with one or two others about the problems in the Gloucester area. I have recently invested in this software to use in my work as a courier, and find myself relying on software that isnt quite as accurate as the manufacturers say that it should be. Imagine how i felt on my very first delivery, when i suddenly found myself driving through a field alongside the M5. To make matters worse it told me to exit the motorway just as i was passing the sliproad in the outside lane at 70MPH !
To add insult to injury, just as i got passed the sliproad, i was cought up in standstill traffic for almost an hour ( Thanks Tomtom!) I finally gave up when i got fed up with hearing the instruction to perform a U-turn when possible.

I have to admit though that in general, as someone who drives for a living that it is an in-valuable tool. I have probably found about a dozen mistakes in the last month which given the mileage i do isnt too bad. Unfortunately, when it does make mistakes it usually happens when you really cant afford them !!
I must also admit that i bought the Tomtom software over others on offer mainly because of the "postcodes added" advertisement i saw somewhere.
I'd like to know if anyone has managed to master that side of the software!!!
jdavat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Map errors NL Reply with quote

In Getsewoud - a new area of Nieuw Vennep, Haarlemmermeer, - Tomtom attempts to guide you through the middle of this 'wijk' when approacing from the Ijweg. Unfortunately, west and east Getsewoud are not interconnected requiring a 3 kms diversion either along the Venneperweg or Getsewoudweg.

Regards
j. David Atkins

PS My first use of the forum (or any forum come to that !!) so I hope it works !!
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5 Junction with B4540 Lynch Hill near Whipsnade

When travelling on A5 approaching this junction, TomTom manically repeats "In 300yards Keep Left " a few times, then repeats "Keep Left" about 3 times when you arrive there. Travelling the opposite way does the same, but "Keep Right" etc.

This is just an ordinary, if slightly dangerous, junction - there's no need for it to say anything there unless the route takes you onto the B4540.
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-RoadEX wrote:
Evil or Very Mad
To add insult to injury, just as i got passed the sliproad, i was cought up in standstill traffic for almost an hour ( Thanks Tomtom!) I finally gave up when i got fed up with hearing the instruction to perform a U-turn when possible.

I'm also very new to this and had the same problem. It might be fixable depending on what your GPS receiver is and if you can get at the settings. I saw a fix under the Fortuna hardware forum that said I should set the map datum in my receiver to WSG84. Much more accurate now. Perhaps experts could comment? http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4089&sid=c7a7d982e40e7fbddf913f6bb27546fa
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A missing 'new' (1997) housing estate in Deepcar, Sheffield - 'The Rookery' and asscociated roads.

A recent (2001) road closure in Sheffield, Sedan Street - the south end closed off.

Its a shame that their map is so old as my evaluation copy of CoPilot Live has all of these mods and more besides!
ChrisDev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, can I be the first to say that the M6 toll road isn't in my version of Nav2 Wink

Note for those reading in the future: The M6 toll road only opened today (for local traffic)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: