Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - full postcodes?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

full postcodes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: full postcodes? Reply with quote

just bought a tomtom navigator3 b4 checking if it would accept full post codes,now i find it cant 8O ,but then some 1 tells me you are able to download something which enables you to input the full postcode onto tomtom,hmmmmmm i went to a site called www.digitools.co.uk but being a total computer numpty i dont know what to dowmload or how to do it. is there any1 out there with a bit of time and patience who can tell me(i must warn u it might be like talking to a 3 yr old Laughing Out Loud)only kiddin im not THAT clever :D
PaulBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey - if you go back to digitools & follow the link to ukpostcodes scroll down they have the instructions laid out & even a dimwit (like me Embarassed ) managed to follow the instructions & get this onto my PDA ... I needed one piece of assistance when I got to the bit about "dragging a shortcut" which you do using ActiveSync but other than that it was pretty straightforward - if you get stuck poke your head in here & someone will put you right ;)
Paul
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats easy for u to say paul(i dont even know whether to click open or save when i click to download, then when it starts goin on about unzippin files and stuff well i just went to whsmith and bought a new A-Z :D
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the file and, using File Explorer, navigate to it. Select and right-click on the file and you will get three options in a pop-up menu which will allow you to unzip the archive. Unzip it this way then find the directory you unzipped it to and the individual files will be there.
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes grrrrrrrrrrr has anyone got yahoo messenger so i can ask u online plzzzzzzzzzzzz, my address is manchesterukuk2000
DONKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please has any1 got 10 minutes to spare to help me with this ,ill call on the phone if its ok with any1,this is driving me crazyyyyy,ty :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: