Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing TTM on C500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing TTM on C500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snorkel9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Installing TTM on C500 Reply with quote

I've brought and installed TOMTOM Mobile on my Orange c500. I have also downloaded and installed the traffic patch. It all seems to set up and connect OK (Solid blue light on the GPS unit) but I get a message on the screen saying the GPS signal was lost n.nn mins ago. Any suggestions?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solid blue light means you have a BT connection between the C500 and the GPS receiver . This is good, but what you also need is a blinking green light that indicates a GPS fix.

Give the receiver some good sky view and see if you get that green blinking light.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Harj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: TomTom Mobile C500 NOT WORKING! Reply with quote

Desperately looking for any help, as TOMTOM don't want to know me. I have successfully copied the contents from the packaged SD to my Mini SD and installed the Patch from (Link removed by PocketGPSworld team member) but I don't get a constant blue light from the TomTom GPS receiver to indicate a connection. I have also rebooted several times. On the brink of giving up.... Any help will be much appreciated. Harj
RWN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. I have got a C500 phone. I have also just bought the TomTom Mobile kit to run with it. Before I started out I had read 2 separate reviews on the net saying how easy it was to run Tom tom on the C500. I have copied the software onto a minidisk and that has worked fine but try as I might I cannot get the phone and the GPS unit to talk to each other. I have gone through the instructions in the phone manual about pairing with a bluetooth device and I seem to have done this. The phone says the the GPS fix was lost xx mins ago. I have a flashing blue light on the GPS unit which (I think) shows that there is no Bluetooth link to the phone. I also have a flashing green light showing (I think) that it has a GPS fix - but won't tell anyone what it is.

I have spoken to Tomtom who didn't want to know. So much for customer care!

There is obviously a trick to getting this going - does anyone know what it is?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to follow the instructions in the CoPilot Smartphone forum...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Harj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its working!!! Install the patch onto the card and not the phone when the installation directory is asked for. The phone will then request a reboot and once rebooted all should be well.

Have fun.

Harj

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: