Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO USA help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO USA help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: TomTom GO USA help needed Reply with quote

guys i posted a while back up in the for sale and wanted section about where to get the TT GO USA maps , but now even TT dont seem to have them on there web site

i have hunted the net for them and it looks as though they are available in the US with the unit so why not for sale as a seperate in the UK

its pretty desperate now , my mate and his party are of to Florida next Sat and he realy wanted to take the Go unit loaded with US maps and all the places they are visiting ready sorted , last week i saw a couple of web sites saying , coming soon and available on the 22/1/05 but as yet theres no sign of the maps anywhere

can any one help at all , to be honest they only want Florida , why o why dont TomTom seel bits of maps for people going on holiday , there would be a massive market for it , especialy the US where its all very different to drive

any comments guys
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to keep telling this to TomTom. They don't believe us... Maybe they believe you.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/sellingpage.php?ID=39&Language=1

click on TomTom , then GO, then USA

The price is indeed steep :-(

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link m8 , i couldnt see it , and i thought i`d looked properly as well , still got it now thanks

have ya got an e-mail addy so i can send them a why the hell not letter , i looked and it appears ya need to sign up and be a member of the community to be able to mail em , tbh i dont wana waiste my time , but i`m willing to send them a mail

what is it with these companys , they could charge say £ 20 a state , which would be well over the odds compared to the full US map and devided down , and i gaurantee people would willingly pay for them , ditto to the parts of europe

what a missed opurtunity.....fools

personaly i think all maps should be free , you buy the product at a large cost , which GO and Nav is and with it you should be able to download whatever maps you require , but thats my opinion
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or better still

have the maps on a site , but the site is only enterable once you have donated money to the Tsunami appeal via credit card or pay pal or some other payment method , but i suppose in the real world , that aint gona happen

its not even me thats going to Florida , and i`m annoyed , it just seems stupid and greedy to ask people to pay alot of money for the product , but when they want to take there product and use it to another part of the world , pay again , nearly £ 200 just for Florida

greedy greedy greedy
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did eventualy find how to mail them and here is what i wrote

Please please please , sell your maps in broken down pieces , i have a friend who needs the Florida map for the USA by the 29/1/05 sat , but you sell it with all the other US states costing £ 175 , totaly rediculous and unacceptable to ask an individul who has bought your GO system to then pay another large amount of money for a whole country as large as the US just to use the Florida part for 2 weeks , whilst he is on holiday , you are missing a massive opurtunity to make money on small parts of maps , even at a cost of £20 per state , people would happily pay , you are very narrow minded in your marketing and appear to be just plain greedy , sell parts of the maps from your web site , as a download only , no sd cards , just instructions on how to install and remove previously installed maps to make room , you even save money by not having to produce printed disks and associated packaging and all that intails

if i ever get a reply , i`l post it here
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is there helpful reply

We tried to sell the maps separately at one time but sales of these were far too low. The majority of customers want all of the maps
end quote

every one i know who has ttgo or nav wants seperate bits of maps for Europe and the US

what a load of rubbish

like i said , very helpful

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: