Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 2 Emails
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 2 Emails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

Got he confirmation of receipt of disk email. Used the auto link and got a price of 169 euro. They automatically insert the voucher code. Going down the 'manual' route is no help as all you get is the initial upgrade form. Done all that.

Email to TT, Tried later in the day got the correct price with discount, made the purchase. Got reply from TT. Yup I got a reply complete with screen view of my application. Got another email confiming goods shipped.

Am I the only one.

Whole process was around 10 days.

vaman....
NigelJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

In view of all the problems that are being reported I have cancelled my order for TTN2. As posted elsewhere TT have charged my Credit card but not sent the goods this is contrary to the Visa (& Other) credit cards rules. I note from TT site that they are not taking orders for any more goods for the full product ie maps/ program/hardware. I wonder if this is because of the problems you have all encountered?

I suggest that the only way to make it plain to TT that their program is unacceptable is to return the faulty good and demand a refund. This should bring them to do something very quickly when they find themselves being badly hurt in the wallet!

Nigel
Scott
Regular Visitor

Phoned TomTom this morning to chase things up.

Was informed that they've been inundated with upgrade forms and that if I haven't received the email voucher by next Monday to call them back.

On the plus side, that gives them another few days to finish developing it.

stuartm
Lifetime Member

They do seem to be a blackhole for email.
ChrisH
Occasional Visitor

I'm still waiting for my email - CD sewt to tomtom on Thurs 20th.

Chris
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

Guy,

Do you know what, you are probably the first person to ever get the (bad) joke in my username (and I use it everywhere, not just this forum)!

I came up with it late one night while trying to think of something funny! Obviously I failed!!!!

And no I don't have a cousin called YT Board, but my sister married a guy called PR Sell.

stuartm
Lifetime Member

Well I can safely say that I'm far from impressed. Posted on the 20th March and heard nothing since.
GuyC
Occasional Visitor

Mark (Do you have a cousin called YT Board?),

Thanks for the info. I got another voucher code email yesterday after my post above, presumably in response to my chasing email or post on TT website support form. It had no explanation but was a new code. I thus assumed my order had been lost and placed another. I then got emails 2 & 3 like yours which I had not received the first time. When I got home I had a note that DHL had tried to deliver something when I was out, so either DHL are very quick or it looks like I am going to have a spare copy!
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

Ooops, thanks Dave!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Mark, I've just phoned TomTom and asked them to re-route your package to me. All they needed as proof was you're order number . I've xxx'd out your order number just in case!
mduncombe
Occasional Visitor

:-(

Posted CD & Form 26/03/03

No emails, nothing. :-(

Mark
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

OK, here's my sequence of events. I have to say I'm pretty happy so far:

Posted the cd and form on 28-3-03.

E-mail one (15.00 on 04/04/03):

Thank you very much for sending us the required items for your TomTom Navigator upgrade. Below you will find an overview of your order.

TomTom Navigator 2 brings you the latest maps and special new features that make your journey even easier. To order your TomTom Navigator 2 at this special upgrade price, please refer to the information below.

TomTom wishes you a pleasant journey.

Kind regards,

TomTom Upgrade

tomtom_upgrade@tomtom.com

======================================

UPGRADE INFORMATION

The link below will take you to our online mail-order store. Below are the products you are entitled to purchase at the upgrade price. Please check that the products and quantities are correct before placing your order. Should this information be incorrect, please send an email to: tomtom_upgrade@tomtom.com.

To mail-order store:

http://www.tomtomshop.net/viewcart.php?...............

Alternatively the following voucher code can be used in our mail-order store when placing the order manually (i.e. not through the above link). This voucher code allows you to purchase the products you are entitled to at the special upgrade price.

UPG....................

You indicated you would send us the following:

1 x TomTom Navigator - Great Britain

We received from you:

1 x TomTom Navigator - Great Britain

Based on this you are entitled to:

1 x TomTom Navigator 2 - Great Britain - EUR 39.95 p/p*

I had placed my order by 15.07.

E-mail two (15.31 on 04/04/03):

Thank you for shopping at the TomTom Mail-Order store.

Your order has been received and awaiting further processing. We will send you another mail with the status of your payment once we have received a confirmation on this.

Your order number is: xxxxxx

If you have a question about your order please visit

http://support.tomtom.com

and enter your question. Do not forget to enter your order number.

Kind Regards,

TomTom Mail-order department

http://www.tomtom.com

=================================================

Order number:..........................

E-mail three (15.32 on 04/04/03):

We have received a positive authorisation of your payment

made for order number xxxxxx.

If you have a question please visit

http://support.tomtom.com

and enter your question. Do not forget to enter your order number.

Kind Regards,

=================================================

Order number:...............................

E-mail four (21.07 on 06/04/03):

Your order xxxxxx has been shipped today (06 Apr 2003).

The parcel is sent by DHL and will arrive within 2 workingdays for EU countries and 3 workingdays for other countries.

We hope you will enjoy our product.

Kind Regards,

GuyC
Occasional Visitor

Can someone who has recieved the update tell me the timescale of their emails. I got my voucher code and placed my order last Tuesday but have recieved no further emails, in spite of sending a chasing email to them. No charge has been made to my credit card.

Did you get a confirmation email immediately after placing the order? How long after that was the despatch email?
Scott
Regular Visitor

Well, as of this morning I've emailed TomTom to complain about their appalling standard of customer service. I sent my CD back 18 days ago and I've still yet to receive even the email voucher.

I just don't get it - their whole registration model is just daft. I currently own copies of CityMaps, Routeplanner Europe and Navigator. In each case all the registration process seems to have done is add me to their mailing list. There are so many better (proven) ways of handling copyright protection. Why can't they activate their products with an email key, or sell upgrades that will only work if you have a previous version installed?

I like Navigator but I'm at the point of ditching it out of spite.

Ok...rant over...breathe deeply...count to ten...
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

Wow, I was about to call TomTom and finally the voucher code appeared in my inbox, ordered together with maps of Europe. Finally, lets hope it will get me to Wales in 2 weeks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: