Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please help, i Paq Rx3715
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help, i Paq Rx3715

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlblakemore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Please help, i Paq Rx3715 Reply with quote

Hoping someone can help a complete dummy here!!!

Just purchased a HP iPaq Rx3715 with a Bluetooth TomTom 3 satnav, with tomtom3 software

How do i go about loading the database so it will warn me before safety cameras?

I am starting from a basic level so be gentle with me!!

Thanks
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've got ActiveSync installed and working (which I presume you have to be able to install TomTom Navigator 3), read this article on how to set up POIEdit to synchronise POIs with Pocket GPS World.

You're interested in the pocketgps_uk_* files, where * is gatso, temp, specs, mobile and redlight. If any of the others look useful, by all means synchronise those too.

To avoid problems, make sure your Pocket PC is connected to ActiveSync before trying to configure POIEdit. If you get errors that indicate things aren't working, make sure that ActiveSync is connected, then choose File -> Reconnect in POIEdit.

Once you've got that done, download and install CheckPOInt 2.0.2 from our downloads area. When you've installed it, run it, and you'll see a CheckPOInt icon at the bottom right of your Today screen. Tap on that to bring up a menu - you can set CheckPOInt to start Navigator and quit with Navigator (so that you can start both camera warnings and Navigator by running CheckPOInt and finish both by exiting Navigator). You will also need to set whatever warnings you want on the files containing the cameras that I mentioned earlier - that's in Overlay Settings.

If you want to set up a button to record a new camera, you can do that - you need to make the button be <Default Function> in the Advanced tab of Navigator's Properties page. This is something I'd leave until later.

These terse instructions probably make it sound more complicated than it is. Once you've got POIEdit set up and CheckPOInt installed, the rest is fairly obvious.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: