Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is this a bug in the system?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this a bug in the system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Is this a bug in the system? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Has anyone else found this bug(?) on the 510?

I am using the latest version from the Navman site. Assuming you have put some of your own POI's on the system, go to "Destination" on the main menu, then "Point Of Interest". Select "My POI" from the Category list and then one from the Type list. "Show" it then exit back to the main menu and do the above again.

You should find that you can no longer move through your POI's in the "Type" list. It is stuck on "All". If you select another Category and then go back to "My POI" it clears itself and you can select a new type.

Give it a try and let me know if it is just a problem on my machine. If it isn't I will report it to Navman.

By the way, I've only just started using the iCN 510 but I have to say, as a computer programmer, I am very surprised at how "buggy" the system is, especially as they are on version 3. I am continuously having to reset the system because of lock-ups or because the map stops following my position (having worked ok for 1/2 an hour).

Having said that, when it is working it is fantastic fun although my wife is beginning to look at me funny when I insist on using it to navigate to the local shops - "How old are you?" and "Boys and their toys" is the usual cry!

Richard
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - happens to mine too.

Can't say I've had much problem with lockups though. And the only time my position has been really lost is when I've gone thru a tunnel I find that if I'm travelling in a jam and lose the signal, the unit has a tough time locking onto my position again. I have to be travelling above a crawl for it to find me again quickly.

I've heard that this is a common fault with systems like these that are not 'in-car'. as they rely totally on the fix between satellites as you are moving.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: