Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 3 Wizard won't go away. Help!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 3 Wizard won't go away. Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smb5823
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 3 Wizard won't go away. Help!! Reply with quote

I am a new TomTom Navigator 3 user.
I have an ipaq h6365 with TomTom Navigator 3.07 bluetooth and the GPS connects successfully and the wizard reports that installation/confituration is complete and that Navigator will now start.
However I can't seem to get beyond the 'wizard'. When I try to launch TomTom all I keep getting is the 'wizard' explaining how to navigate and configure my GPS. I have soft reset the iPAQ and still every time the 'wizard' reappears.

Can anyone advise me how to stop the wizard from launching every time I try to start Navigator?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome

You aren't the only person having Wizard related problems with Navigator 3.07.

You could try running TomTom Navigator.exe in \Program Files\Navigator via a file manager, which will run the Navigator program directly. Does that help?

You could also see what happens if you uninstall the TomTom Wizard (Start Menu, Settings, System tab, Remove Programs, tap on TomTom Wizard, then tap Remove). I uninstall it, partly because I think it's a waste of memory, and partly because it gives me spurious errors about having no maps installed. Only do this if you're prepared to reinstall if you want or need it back for things to work properly.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: