Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PCworld disaster
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PCworld disaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: PCworld disaster Reply with quote

Ordered a tomtom go 500 from them, they sent me a navman instead - do NOT buy from PCworld - have sent it back already
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PCworld disaster Reply with quote

lee70 wrote:
Ordered a tomtom go 500 from them, they sent me a navman instead - do NOT buy from PCworld - have sent it back already

There is not a single mail order retailer on this earth that hasn't mistakingly sent a wrong item at some point.
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: PCworld disaster Reply with quote

lee70 wrote:

As in the previous post retailers make mistakes ..its how they deal with those mistakes that they should be judged !
Dave
SickBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pc world have taken a well desereved hammering in the past !!!

But i have to say a lot of the stores have now had a GPS revamp and they now stock tomtom 300,500,700. 3 Navmans some garmin and the new advent prices for every one

The sales knowledge is still a little lacking but customer support is good and you know they will always be there and not go bust

Lee
EvilTwin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC world are part of the dixons and curries group, so they are obviously going to use the same staffing policy of employing untrained cretins for minimum wage.

Personally i only use them if the item i need meets 2 conditions:

1: I'm in a huge rush
2: I know exactly what i want.

If i can wait or i need advice i would never dream of using them, Its just not worth the hastle, and i'd rather keep as much money in my pocket as i can.
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilTwin wrote:
PC world are part of the dixons and curries group, so they are obviously going to use the same staffing policy of employing untrained cretins for minimum wage.

Personally i only use them if the item i need meets 2 conditions:

1: I'm in a huge rush
2: I know exactly what i want.

If i can wait or i need advice i would never dream of using them, Its just not worth the hastle, and i'd rather keep as much money in my pocket as i can.

To be honest, most retailers are all the same.
Very few people working in retail are there because they want to be there. They are there because they want to make easy money. They don't give a monkeys about the job because they know they won't be working there in 3/6/9 months time. It's exactly the same as call-centre staff.
Sorry to say, but that's the state of British high-street retail and anybody who thinks otherwise is living on another planet.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested in keeping more of your hard-earned wedge in your pocket, you should still consider PCWorld.
For a large number of items that they sell you can buy online at the web price, and collect from the store one hour later! Just take your e-mail confirmation with you. I have bought lots of bits from them using this method and saved loads. (i.e. LG DVD rewriter drive Store price £59.99 Web price £33.99).
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, you can get bargains at PC world as mentioned.

See a price online & pick it up at your local store & sometimes save money, not often, but sometimes.
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Yay or Nay to ordering from PC World?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have what you want at the right price go for it. They are probably no worse than many other large retailers. And at least you have a shop you can go and shout at them in, rather than over the phone if all goes wrong. My advice is that that is not worth the premium over other net prices that you sometimes have to pay when you shop there.

Having said that they sold me my Ipaq 6340 in July at over £100 less than I could get anywhere else (sure they must have made a mistake), and my wife got a good little basic HP laptop for £400 (15" screen, 11g wifi etc) from them a few weeks ago that was again much cheaper then anywhere else. So ...... maybe.
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often their online price is very competitive so I order online & pick it up in store so saving postage & saving on the price instore.

You will be surprised at the amount you can save at PC World, sometimes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: