Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk - What good service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk - What good service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk - What good service Reply with quote

After all the positive comments regarding GlobalPositioningSystems.co.uk on this forum I decided to purchase Memory Map Navigator w/full UK and 2 regions of Digital Aerial Photographic Maps from them via thier website.

I wanted this as my wife is/was buying me a PDA based GPS for Xmas and wanted to get some practice in on the PC beforehand.

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the card payment and I received an email suggesting I email, fax or call despatch to resolve the issue.

I understand that the time of year means they are busy but, I made 2 calls in the morning and on each occasion I was on hold for 25 minutes.

I sent an email and got a reply saying it would be up to 48-hours before they replied to my request.

I called again in the early afternoon and was on hold a further 20 minutes. I called once more late afternoon only for the auto system telling me to try calling later.

Maybe I'm being pig-headed but i don't consider that acceptable at all. If my PDA based GPS system is purchased from here and I get a problem I'd rather not be having to sit on hold all day trying to make contact to sort it out.

Guess what, I'm going elsewhere with my money (and my wife's).

Dave Lock
Catherine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Please do accept my apologies for the problems you've had contacting us; Someone mentioned the word Xmas and now it feels like the whole world wants a GPS!

Today has been our busiest of the whole year so far, and everyone here at GlobalPositioningSystems is working extra hard to try and meet the demand. Although many of our customers have experienced longer than average waiting times, most are still getting through in less than 5 mins, and hopefully this will improve as we continue our run up to the 25th.

It's worth noting that the call times can be extended at this time of year as our staff try their best to provide an informative and helpful service to prospective customers, some of whom are relying on us for guidance as they are buying gifts for other people and have no knowledge of GPS systems themselves.

I'm sorry that you have now decided to purchase your goods elsewhere, but I wish you and your wife a very merry Christmas.

Catherine Hinchcliffe

Customer Services Manager
DaveL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine ,

Many thanks for posting a reply to my rant. I was totally fed up after trying all day.
Admittedly, it's nice to get a response and an apology, most wouldn't bother, thank you.

I appreciate it is a busy time and given the praise that most have to say about your company, I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Dave.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the old "we can't take your card payment because the addresses don't match" issue?

If so, both my mother and I have fallen over this in recent weeks with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. I think there may be something a bit wrong with the way that addresses of logged in customers are passed to the card merchant processing.

David
DaveL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David
Yes, it was the issue, however, first thing next morning Following Catherine's post in the evening before I got a call, confirmed the details and the transaction went straight through so it must have been something 'system' wise that created the problem. It's just a pity I didn't get the call the morning before saving all that time on the phone.

Still, had my rant, got an apology, all is sorted, should get my software tomorrow..... and my new Mio 168 bundle.

regards

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: