Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What do you want Santa to bring you...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you want Santa to bring you...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Another request................... Reply with quote

Please could you also leave me a packet of patience for my wife.

Why oh why can she not understand that it is critical for me to plug in my PPC & GPS, get a signal, plot a route & then have the volume turned up whenver we pop to the local shops at the end of the road.

I would also like all the navigation software suppliers to create a secret function that when used would replace spoken phrases such as "Turn around when possible" with "Oh yes, you're absolutely right - although you seem to be going in the completely wrong direction I bow to your better judgement and fully understand why you went this way"

And finally (I don't think I'm being too greedy), a car that is worth more than my PPC sat nav system (it's getting embarrasing driving around in a 15 year old, 200 euro Hyundai with a 500 euro navigation system in it!)

Merry Xmas to ALL
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Another request................... Reply with quote

mmarks wrote:
Please could you also leave me a packet of patience for my wife.

Why oh why can she not understand that it is critical for me to plug in my PPC & GPS, get a signal, plot a route & then have the volume turned up whenver we pop to the local shops at the end of the road.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Laughing Mr. Green

This must be a woman thing, as I seem to lack that particular understanding gene as well - glad it's not just me! Laughing

Regards,

Bo Peep.
pdarnett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Wishing for.. Reply with quote

Some option in tom tom to record business mileage , to reap the rewards that higher expenses may bring
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Christmas I want a PocketPC implant - (We are living in fantasy land here?). It would have a 2ghz processor, running TomTom with a VGA display transmitted in some way directly to the Eyes.

This would also run as a personal recorder so I could finally counter my wife's seemingly photographic memory for what was said when and where... Laughing

And it would all be upgradeable as well.....
Von
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: All i want for xmas Reply with quote

All i want from Mr Claus is for him to ask the lovely people at TomTom to build in functionality to link tomtom, on my PDA, to my appointments diary and email / text / voicemail my next appoinment my distance and approximate arrival time. Thus avoiding layby stops to make phone calls or taking up more space on my already busy dashboard with more technology like hands free and another plug in the ciggy lighter that i always need cos ive dropped my lighter on the floor.

Just a thought!!
Maddog1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Santa, can you please find me a 'hot girl' for christmas and give her a TomTom Go so she can find her way to mine to see my 'point of interest' Laughing

(Hope thats not classed as rude Joker )
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddog1974 wrote:
Hope thats not classed as rude Joker

No, just a little sad and desperate! ;-) Mr. Green

OK, getting back to GPS-related answers...

Bo Peep.
ianspector001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: competition Reply with quote

the thing i want for christmas is the tom tom car cradle for the xda 11
inexpensive i know but i am easily pleased
dmpuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Santa Don't visit me, Visit Kanegear Instead.........! Reply with quote

Quite frankly, I would like Santa to visit the boys at Kanegear (www.kanegear.com)

I bought a PDA & GPS system two Christmas's ago, when Destinator Version 1 was still on the scene, it didn't work very well with my kit, Royaltek Saphire GPS mouse(38400 Baud) and Ipaq 3950.

The Guys at Kanegear, were hopeless, couldn't organise a p**S up in a brewery, so I guess they won't be having any fun like the rest of us this year.

Anyway the great guys at Destinator sent me there proud release of Destinator 2.0, it worked a treat. However, two years down the line, long after the release of Destinator 3, can I get an upgrade option or any support from Kanegear (NO!) There still dishing out Destinator 2 (re-branded) with their GPS packages, get your rear into gear guys its 2005 soon!

So my message is

Dear SANTA

Please visit the poor people at www.kanegear.com and introduce them to the latest version of Destinator (3.0.75) maybe they can stock it and write to all the boys and girls who bought their offering back in 2002 offering upgrade packages or even better still, maybe they can supply current software and current maps to all those little boys and girls who are willing to spend their hard earned cash, instead of giving them two year old software with two year old maps.

Oooh! and Santa, (must not forget) if you see this, I would really like a bluetooth GPS reciever this year. There's a mince pie for Rudolph and a glass of wine waiting by the Xmas tree for you, if all call. Don't forget now, you can find me on your Satellite Navigation software (if its up to date).

Thanks Santa

Dave
Houdini
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did i win ? Rolling Eyes
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competition isn't closed yet. I'm sure you will be notified by one of the Team soon after the closing date if you have won.

Remember everyone, you've got until 17:00 on Monday 20th December to get your entries in! Smile

Regards,

Bo Peep.
shawnakelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Wish from Santa: finish mapping world & fit it on 512 SD Reply with quote

I would like Santa to help the GPS source mapping companies (like Tele Atlas and NAVTEQ) finish mapping all of the world so that no one is left out of using GPS routing!

It would also be supremely great to have serious progress made toward all of the navigation maps of the world (and Points of Interest) being compressed onto a 512MB SD card!

This would be utterly convenient, download time-saving, and the user-friendliness could encourage people across the entire globe to adopt GPS to improve their lives! Thank you for any progress on this wish Santa and Pocket GPS World influencers!

Northern California Mobile Computing
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Santa Competition has now closed. No further posts will be accepted.

The Winner will be announced soon.

Happy Xmas one and all.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: And the Winner is... Reply with quote

Well after long and hard deliberation we have decided on a winner.

Before announcing the winner I would like to say that we were most impressed with the entries, most of which seemed to elicit either chuckles or groans. A selection of our favourites were:

steveadi wrote:
Dear santa
i would like a fortuna clip on for my car and my wife because everytime she goes shopping she gets lost so she say"s and ends up spending all my money. please help i am skint

shawnakelly wrote:
I would like Santa to help the GPS source mapping companies (like Tele Atlas and NAVTEQ) finish mapping all of the world so that no one is left out of using GPS routing!

von wrote:
All i want from Mr Claus is for him to ask the lovely people at TomTom to build in functionality to link tomtom, on my PDA, to my appointments diary and email / text / voicemail my next appoinment my distance and approximate arrival time. Thus avoiding layby stops to make phone calls or taking up more space on my already busy dashboard with more technology like hands free and another plug in the ciggy lighter that i always need cos ive dropped my lighter on the floor.

himpressive wrote:
Dear Santa,
How about a "London Traffic Warden" POI / warning feature on my Tomtom Go?

Stop! The one that made us most amused was disqualified as a second posting:

Quote:
I would also like all the navigation software suppliers to create a secret function that when used would replace spoken phrases such as "Turn around when possible" with "Oh yes, you're absolutely right - although you seem to be going in the completely wrong direction I bow to your better judgement and fully understand why you went this way"

It was seriously suggested that this would be very suitable for me as I always ignore instructions given to me as I know best!!

First Anyway enough of the pontifications... The winner is mmarks with:
mmarks wrote:
I would actually like to change things this year and send something to Santa.
I would like to send him (and Rudolph) a PDA with GPS, it must have the ability to route to an address, but also an extra option in the routing algorithm (fastest/shortest/magic sleigh).
Why would I send it to Santa?

'COS HE SEEMS TO MISS ME OUT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!

Congratulations mmarks if you would like to PM me with details of CF or SD and where you would like the card sent I can get it off after Christmas.

Look out for our next competition coming soon.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations mmarks Clap, I hope that your new storage card will provide you with many years of trouble free service.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: