Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm Tungsten T3 speed camera mapsonic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm Tungsten T3 speed camera mapsonic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patbuttigieg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Palm Tungsten T3 speed camera mapsonic Reply with quote

Running mapsonic v1.3 on my tungsten T3. Anyone know any speed camera POI database I can use?
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on the Mapsonic forum earlier this week. Hope it helps

A Download the SpeedCamera files from pocketgps

B Using MS Paint resize the icons for each of the file types to 16x16 pixels (72% scaling seems to achieve this in Image/Stretch-Skew) you may want to then edit the image to reintroduce some white to the inside of the camera. I have used colour to differentiate between the different types of device –White for Gatso, Red for SPECS and so on.

C In Mapstore add the new POI classifications and assign the appropriate graphics file. DO NOT DO THIS IN MAPSONIC ON THE PDA
    The above two processes are only required the first time you do this

D Using POIEdit (downloadable from http://www.dnote.nl/pda/poi/PoiEdit) convert the POI file to a POI ASCII file (open it in POIEdit and then choose Save As)

E Using POIManager import the POI files. It will ask you to synchronise after adding each file but click cancel and you can add other files so that you do all of the imports in one go. Note that the POI files have to reside on the PDA and not on the memory card to work. This process also copies over the graphic files associated with the POIs. You do not need to copy them over to the PDA

F If you wish to download an updated file you repeat the above POIEdit/POIManager proces,s (D and E above) but note that it seems that you need to delete the file on the PDA before you start or you will get a synchronisation error. On the PC side this is not an issue.

The new version of MapSonic (I have been playing with the demo version from the viaMichelin website) seems to address many of the failings of the old product. I suspect, although I have not proved this, that users of of MapSonic version 1.3 (and older?) can simply copy over all of the files from the Demo download (Michelin state that the only difference between the demo and the full version is the size of the map file) to the directory where their current application files are and benefit from all of the above. Alternatively Michelin invite registered user of MapSonic 1.3 to contact their Technical Support people to get the new version
patbuttigieg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having problems with this. Do I need to use the demo mapsonic? I am stuck at "E". I am using the POIManager from the demo (as I can not locate one in my V1.2) but it does not bring up any of the new POIs which I have set up so I can not associate them with the file. Any ideas?
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tink you will need to use the latest version (as in the Demo version) in order to get the ability to import POIs and get the POI warning functionality. As I haven't tried it with the old version (and have to wait until this coming Saturday to get my very own full version) I can't comment about older versions but it is probable that POIManager only works with the version of MapStore and MapSonic it is supplied with

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: