Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Icon of camera on pop up screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Icon of camera on pop up screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Icon of camera on pop up screen Reply with quote

I know it minor but the POIplace camera database overlays show a picture of speed sign in the pop up warining screen that appears when a camera is detected. But with the Pocket database there is not a picture. On the syncronation screen in Checkpoint brfore each one of the speed overlays it says no image. From the POIplace webbsite I can download the speed sign as bitmaps but I have no idea how to put into the space that says no image. I know it's putting lipstick on the gorilla but it is one of those things that drive you mad
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pip,

Welcome to the forum. Thumbs Up

What navigation software and version of CheckPOInt are you using?

I guess that you’re using TTNav x.xx and CheckPOInt 2.02. If this is the case then you will not see a notification of the camera type in CheckPOInt 2.02, nor will you see the icon. You only see that in CheckPOInt 3.xx or in GPSAssist 2.

If you want to use the PocketGPSWorld camera databases then I recommend that you stick to CheckPOInt 2.02 which is easier to use and will save new locations as an .OV2 file. You can always use different .WAV files for different category alerts.

Could you also update your profile with you location?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
You only see that in CheckPOInt 3.xx or in GPSAssist 2.
However, if you are using CheckPOInt 3.xx you still won't actually see the icons either....

You used to get the icon, but I believe (though have not had the time to thoroughly test) that because the new overlay filenames are so long, the name of the POI file wraps to a second line, which does not leave enough space for the icon to display. I base this conclusion on the fact it worked up until the new longer filename came into existence, the name definitely does wrap on the popup screen, and my other POI files from this site (downloaded in the same way via POIEdit) still all work fine.

So, a plea to the Database maintainer - any chance of shorter filenames.....?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Icon of camera on pop up screen Reply with quote

pip wrote:
On the syncronation screen in Checkpoint brfore each one of the speed overlays it says no image.
That's part of the design of CheckPOInt - there is no way of adding the icon to the sync screen. I've answered the issue of the popup screen in my other reply.

Privateer - thinking about this, Pip must be using CheckPOInt v3, else he would not have the sync screen in the first place.
pip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Icon of camera on pop up screen Reply with quote

Thank you Swing so it's now over to Privateer (Pocket GPS moderator) to sort out when he has time!! Merry Xmas
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pip,

I’m afraid that I use either CheckPOInt 2.0.2 (i.e. no Icon displayed) or GPSAssist 2, which does display the popup banner with icon, database name, and id of the camera.

You could try doing the following:
Arrow Trail GPSAssist for the trail period
Arrow Rename the PGPSW camera database (both .OV2 and .BMP files) to a short name.

Please report your findings in this thread.

If you do find that a shorter name of the PGPSW camera database allows CheckPOInt to show the associated icon then we (admin and moderators) will have to have a discussion about the possibilities of changing the name. However renaming the database(s) may have an impact on other applications (e.g. CoPilot, etc) so it would need careful examination before any chances are made.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:

Arrow Rename the PGPSW camera database (both .OV2 and .BMP files) to a short name.

Please report your findings in this thread.
Although I've not done extensive testing, I don't believe my earlier assumption was correct - although the name of the file is longer, and hence it does not all display, it still appears at the same height in the window. As such, I don't think the issue is the length of the file.

I remember there being some discussion that a change had been made to the graphic images for better support for the TTG - I wonder if the same issue is affecting CheckPOInt? See -

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13828

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: