Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed limits associated with Camera POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed limits associated with Camera POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
66Mustang
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Speed limits associated with Camera POIs Reply with quote

I notice that the text associated with the Gatso POIs now has '@30' appended to the end (maybe others have '@40' etc., I've not looked). Does this mean that in time they will be split into different speed categories so we can get a warning if we might possibly just perhaps be speeding in a camera location?

I hope so.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

66Mustang wrote:
Does this mean that in time they will be split into different speed categories so we can get a warning if we might possibly just perhaps be speeding in a camera location?

Yes that's right. However only a small percentage of the cameras currently have a speed limit on them (represented by the “@” sign and a number that is the speed limit). Richard (Oldie), who collates the data sent in and builds the database, would be able to tell you how many cameras have a speed limit in the database.

Please help us to update the database by reporting new or removed cameras, and the speed limits of cameras already on the database that haven’t yet got a speed limit assigned to them.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished preparing the next release :D which will be numbered 2.114 The files still have to be transferred to the server so don't start downloading yet.

The new Gatso file has 3519 entries of which 147 are new, but as 2945 of these do not have any speed data I have decided not to release any speed related files.

As before the speed settings are denoted by @nn appended to the camera name. Navman users will need to change the @ to something acceptable, eg. at, before transferring the data to their systems.

Richard
66Mustang
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But for those of us using the Aldi special with POI Warner, we could convert the OV2 as usual, then use Excel to sort and re-save the POIs into individual speed related files.

Cool. I need to feed you guys with some data on cameras then, as some are just in totally the wrong place - people concentrating on driving rather than inputting POIs...? As for the speed limit data, would you want this appended on the end of the POI name, or all 30mph POIs together, all 40 together etc etc?
boggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i use TT3 and checkpoint to add a camera to record the speed that already exists does it mean i will have 2 cameras at the same location listed?
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggle wrote:
If i use TT3 and checkpoint to add a camera to record the speed that already exists does it mean i will have 2 cameras at the same location listed?

If you have set CheckPOInt to monitor the CheckPOInt.ov2 file then yes you will get two warnings. Don't forget to send the update in so we can add the speed value to the database for the next release.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: