Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera database Release 2.114
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera database Release 2.114
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ftoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i am running an ipaq 3660 with TT3, i am still in the process of getting used to the s/w. I have downloaded the files to my ipaq and the speed camera signals appear, is there a way to get a voice warning when approaching the cameras (noy all poi as i have other items also selected)

Thanks
davewave1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW, thanks for the tip. Checkpoint works so much better now!
Steve64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: New version fine for me ... but ... Reply with quote

Hi all;

The new database was fine for me. I downloaded, unpacked, and copied the OV2 files onto my PDA and it all worked fine - 1st time!!

However, as a new user I do have a couple of questions (and I apologise now if this is the wrong forum to ask these):

1. I was driving the M5/M6 over the weekend, and at the junction (M6 J8) TT3 reported that there were SPECS cameras around the junction - 3 of them. I could see nothing. Are there actually SPECS cameras there or was I getting a false alert due to my settings being a bit off?? THis leads to my 2nd question ...

2. What "angle" do folks usually use in the settings?? I seem to be getting a lot of false alerts relating to cameras that are on joining roads or roads that run parallel to the one that I am on. I have used the default setting that come with CheckPOInt 3.2

Thanks all
Steve
Steve64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTOman;

Yes you can attach warning sounds for speed cameras via the settings in CheckPOInt. If you fire it up, and then take "Overlay Settings", select the Overlay file, say "pocketgps_uk_gatso" (under Not Synchronized on my PDA), and then tap the Properties button - you can set associated sounds on the "First Warning" and "Last Warning" tab. You need to put the sound files you want onto your PDA in the same directory as CheckPOInt.exe ......

One thing I have noticed though is that the warnings from CheckPOInt seem to be a lot quieter than the spoken instructions from TTŁ, so when recording your WAV files - be as loud as uo can!!

Steve
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New version fine for me ... but ... Reply with quote

Steve64 wrote:
Hi all;

The new database was fine for me. I downloaded, unpacked, and copied the OV2 files onto my PDA and it all worked fine - 1st time!!

However, as a new user I do have a couple of questions (and I apologise now if this is the wrong forum to ask these):

1. I was driving the M5/M6 over the weekend, and at the junction (M6 J8) TT3 reported that there were SPECS cameras around the junction - 3 of them. I could see nothing. Are there actually SPECS cameras there or was I getting a false alert due to my settings being a bit off?? THis leads to my 2nd question ...

2. What "angle" do folks usually use in the settings?? I seem to be getting a lot of false alerts relating to cameras that are on joining roads or roads that run parallel to the one that I am on. I have used the default setting that come with CheckPOInt 3.2

Thanks all
Steve

I believe that the cameras around M6 J8 were associated with roadworks so if the roadworks have gone then it is likely that the cameras have too. To date I have not received any updates requesting any of SPECS:6A to 6D be removed. Did you see cameras of any type on that stretch of road?

I still use the default angle and as you say it does look far and wide. It would be good if there was an option to make it scan to the left of the direction of travel. Another wish for Santa perhaps :D
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise you are discussing CheckPOInt but it might be of interest that GPS Assist allows you to set different angles to the left and right for camera detection.

Thanks for all the hard work, Richard!
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Am i correct in thinking that the "mobile" folder contains sites that are frequented by police vans with lasers and the like?

regards

The Pilgrim
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the idea of it - the mobile POIs are those sites where people have found portable speed traps in use.

David
IanHunt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

& I assume that the Temp POIs are temporary gatso sites?

Who should I email with any corrections and/or new camera sites, as I'd like to put something back into what is proving to be a very usefull resource?

Regards,

Ian
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email Richard (Oldie) at cameras@pocketgpsworld.com with any corrections, clarifications, new cameras and speed limits for cameras that lack them.

David
RobStevens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New version fine for me ... but ... Reply with quote

Steve64 wrote:

I've actually widened the default angles, to 45 degrees. In my area (East Somerset), the authorities have a nasty habit of placing GATSO's on bends. Quite often, CheckPoint was ignoring cameras that were outside its field of view until I came around the corner and turned to face a GATSO a few yards ahead. The wider angle picks up cameras that I'm not yet approaching head-on.

I certainly wouldn't recommend reducing the angle too much. With a narrow angle, even a gentle curve in the road could put a GATSO outside the detection area until you're almost on top of it.
frmarcus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Confused... Reply with quote

Dear All,

Trying to install the camera database with these instructions, I can get to the bit marked ***:

'Extract the ZIP file contents to a directory on your PC

Dock the Pocket PC in the Cradle and check ActiveSync has an active connection

In ActiveSync click EXPLORE, MY POCKET PC, STORAGE CARD, GREAT_BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP' ***

but I don't know how to do the following...

'Copy the POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2 and POCKETGPS_UK_SC.BMP to the \STORAGECARD\GREAT)BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP directory and overwrite any files you may have. '

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks,
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Confused... Reply with quote

frmarcus wrote:
Dear All,

Trying to install the camera database with these instructions, I can get to the bit marked ***:

'Extract the ZIP file contents to a directory on your PC

Dock the Pocket PC in the Cradle and check ActiveSync has an active connection

In ActiveSync click EXPLORE, MY POCKET PC, STORAGE CARD, GREAT_BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP' ***

but I don't know how to do the following...

'Copy the POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2 and POCKETGPS_UK_SC.BMP to the \STORAGECARD\GREAT)BRITAIN NAVIGATOR MAP directory and overwrite any files you may have. '

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

The database has now been released with separate files for Fixed Gatso/Truvelo, Redlight, Mobile, SPECS, Temporary/Roadworks and Continental cameras. So you need to copy files such as pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2 and .bmp to the map folder. The names should be obvious now :D
Steve64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Specs BMP Reply with quote

Hi all;

Just a quickie. Does anyone have the "old" SPECS bmp because I unpacked the OV2 and BMP files from the latest release and in the ZIP file there is no longer a pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp file and the pocketgps_uk_specs.bmp seems to now have the same picture as the old GATSO bmp. As such, both GATSO and SPECS now have the same icon.

Was this intentional??

Even if it was, can someone please let me have a copy of the old SPECS bmp??

Ta muchly
Steve
bigyun2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just wondering how accurate the locations of the cameras are. I have the IPAQ 4150 with TT3.

According to the position on my map there are many cameras in wrong location. i.e In Hull some of our cameras are in the middle of the road, however the camera on the map shows the camera to be well off the road in fact located in a car park.

Just a query?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

TOM TOM GO 530
Version 9.510 (2039, 4/4/2013) | OS: 842337 | MAP v910.4892 | iPad Mini | iPhone 5 |

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: