Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - medion from Aldi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

medion from Aldi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: medion from Aldi Reply with quote

Hi am just wondering if i can add safety camera data to this system please any advice would be gratefully accepted

Many thanks in advance
cannylad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops maybe I should of said it was the recent model sold by aldi in November Medion the program running is Medion Navigator 4.2 on a 256 storage card is their a safety camera dat base I can add too this please and any advice would be gratefully accpeted
Many thanks
purequo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Medion 95000 with Navigon 4.2 Reply with quote

Im having a very similar problem so any help would be grately appreciated
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can use the safety camera poi's and all others plus sounds, here is a web site dedicated to the Aldi MD 95000

http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/index.htm

Best regards,

PocketGps

Happy New Year
purequo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: POI Warner Reply with quote

Having paid for POI warner and downloaded the Medion version for my Medion MD95000 the reg key did not work having gone back to the support and telling them my problem they gave me a new reg key and told me if that didn`t work then to download the MN version which I had to do the reg key worked with the MN version however it appear that when I start it after setting everything up it appears that there is no GPS signal however navigon is working fine the little green dot in the corner is there telling me POI warner is operating yet all the overlays that I have activated do not appear on the screen no acoustic warnings for cameras or anything.
There being no GPS signal is telling me that the MN version will not work with the Navigon 4.2 software therefore I assume I will have to go back to the vendor and request a new reg key for the Medion version of POI warner

Am I correct or is there a way of using theMN version as a matter of convenience while the vendor is away for new year as they have not yet replied to my email any help and suggestions will be appreciated
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Purequo,

Not sure why you have no GPS signal, have you tried switching on the GPS from the Icon at the bottom right of the screen, then starting Medion-navigator.

Also on the Medion-Navigator - Settings - GPS:

Type of reveiver - standard GPS
Com-Port - COM1:

Those should be the normal settings.

Note: overlays in POI-Warner may need activating in both Overlay and Acoustic menus.

POI-Settings - Acoustic alert..
- Overlay settings..

Tap the +/- box to add your required overlays, not forgetting to tick the boxes.

Hope you can sort this out.

Regards,

PocketGps

Happy New Year
purequo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Hello Purequo,

Not sure why you have no GPS signal, have you tried switching on the GPS from the Icon at the bottom right of the screen, then starting Medion-navigator.

Also on the Medion-Navigator - Settings - GPS:

Type of reveiver - standard GPS
Com-Port - COM1:
[b]Yes The Medion-Navigator works fine on its own the GPS signal is on and I can have up to 9 sats on the screen tracking at any one time
Those should be the normal settings.

Note: overlays in POI-Warner may need activating in both Overlay and Acoustic menus.

POI-Settings - Acoustic alert..
- Overlay settings..
All set both lots for all cameras hotels petrol stations etc
Can sync with POIhandler and download so no problem there
Tap the +/- box to add your required overlays, not forgetting to tick the boxes.
Yes I saw this in another thread so I was prepared
Hope you can sort this out.

Regards,

PocketGps

Happy New Year

I start monitoring from the POI-WARNER PROGRAM fron screen with the vertical bar across and the level indicator is in the grey area and in bold it states NO GPS signal, the medion software loads Im being tracked there is a red arrow for my position there are currently 6 sats in the sat Icon the green square is in the left hand corner, I go back to POI warner and it still states no Signal.

The icons in the POI-warner options

POI on map set Max 30 mph
Show visualization set always in navigation mode
Acoustic warning set interrupts navigation guidance
Hardware-Key for POI recorder set Key1 (notes)

Active/Show Overlays on map
Activated POI-overlays List -
pocketgps-gatso
pocketgps-mobile
pocketgps-redlight
pocketgps-specs
pocketgps-temp
UK Asda
UK weather
Uk petrol stations

for the cameras the POI-text/Icon on map set
Text = if zoomed< 300m
Icon = Always show text

PIO-Sync - I can sync and download from PIO handler
For cameras I have used the database on here followed by the POI-edit changing the ov2 files to asc files with batch convert.
I have put the converted files in the POI folder on POI warner and also the MN POI folder just in case.

I still reckon that thw vendor gave me a duff key reg for Medion 4 software for POI handler
Then told me to use MN software as the Key Reg worked
MN POI warner doesnt work with Medion Navigon 4.2 software
Therefore the vendor will have to send me the correct reg key for Medion MD POI warner software for it to work with Medion navigon 4.2 or can someone tell me any different ????

I have used the navigon 4.2 on long journeys so far and the software has worked 99% correct apart from a right tuen which was obviously a left Ive had the POI-warner software activated in the background on all occasions with no other icons or acoustic warnings and I have past several POI and cameras in this time.
I have also tried recording a camera out of intrest while on the road with everyhting in navigon 4.2 working yet when I press the appropriate key it then tells me there is no GPS signal for the POI warner
Ive checked and the bar is in the light blue-grey area where I think it will be in the green-yellow-red area if I have a signal.
It states in Bold NO GPS Signal and the grey box states stop monitoring therefore it must be without the signal.

So if anyone after seeing that hopefully I can see the wood for the tress here or is there something so obvious but untrue I have missed ?

I dont think so 8O

Any advice from anyone with similar experience will be read gratefully

purequo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: A reply from Nagation.de Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

then you ordered the wrong product, you would have needed the POI-Warner for
Medion-Navigator 4 or the POI-Warner for MobileNavigator 4 (both versions work
with your version).

You will need the upgrade to the other product as we are selling both products
separately, the change is not free of charge (9,90€).

Have I ?
This is what I did

PIO-WARNER MEDION-NAVIGATOR4 - left hand screen 29.90 euros
I downloaded
POI-Warner version 2.6 (unregistered)
Requirements (one of the systems):
- Medion-Navigator 4.2 - This being the software on my MD95000 one assumes
- Medion-Navigator 4.1
- Medion-Navigator 4.0
Therefore I assumed that the software I was downloading didn`t require upgrading

Or does it ?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Purequo,

I'm not quite sure what POI-Warner you downloaded, if you look at this page you will see that it says POI-Warner 2, then below in small letters - Medion Navigator 4, look at the first left image on this page:

http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/poicon.htm

As regards the POI-Warner web site the actual page is below, you should have gone to the Register POI-Warner box, which is below the Upgrade Now box, if you have then they will have give you a key that is for the correct version.

IF you do have a key for the correct version, BUT have downloaded and installed the wrong version then you need to Un-install the version on your Pocket PC and then connect to internet and then go to the link below;

http://www.navigating.de/Medion4_en/POI/Index.htm#

or use this link:

http://www.navigating.de/Medion4_en/POI/Bestellen/UmleitungBestellen.htm

That link should download the correct version, and it will let you register with the key they gave you.

If you paid 29,90 € then you should have the correct key as other versions cost different.

Regards,

PocketGps
purequo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help and advice
Finally I got it to work after upgrading the software from the navigating.de site
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Purequo,

I'm so glad that you finally got it sorted, but did you have to pay for the upgrade ? Just curious

Regards,

PocketGps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: