Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

I could track it then, but Handnav do not supply a Post Office Number tp track it with! Sad

Glynned
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glynned,

No problem tracking it, they do need to post it first though! you've been waiting 3 weeks for your delivery, there is no excuse here, this is bad service.

With regards to myself, if I do not receive my item by Monday (because of time year) i'll be onto my credit card company and put in a dispute, and let them sort it out with Handnav!

The terms for the sale are laid out on their website, they say say they will deliver for free in 3-5 working days, or next day guaranteed for an extra £5.99, if they do not keep to this, they are in breach of of the contract of sale! I don't care if they have supply problems, if they don't have the item in stock, why take the order?

I will not order from this company again regardless of whether I get my item by Monday, their service sucks, and they don't deserve my custom, it is outrageous that I and others must post on a forum to try and resolve
the problems we have with this company, shame on you handnav Sad

http://www.handnav.co.uk/delivery.php?=

Craig
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can certainly get proof of delivery for Recorded items - but, unless I've missed something, you can't get the level of detail you can on Special Delivery items. With Special Delivery, Royal Mail know where it is in their system.

If I'm missing something and it is possible to get better tracking of Recorded Delivery, do let me know how!

David
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Here is a link for info about tracking items in the post.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=400145&mediaId=15400472

Craig
Tewy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Handnav - Not Sure Reply with quote

Dear all,

After reading the comments above I have to say I to am not overly impressed with Handnav. I ordered my brodit mount and active holder on Thursday 2nd December (late evening on the net) and immediately received my order confirmation e-mails saying I would would receive my 'oder deferred released' e-mails when goods are to be despatched.

I did not receive any further e-mails so on Wednesday 8th December I rang (p.m.) and eventually got through to be told that he had just received the clip and the active holder was in stock and would 'definitely' be despatched on Thursday 9th December.

By Tuesday 14th December I had not received my order, after eventually getting through (line is usually engaged, then if you get through it is 50/50 if it is answered) was told my goods had been despatched on Friday 10th December (not Thursday has promised) and if I had not received them by Wednesday 15th Dec give him a call! (I was verbally given a number to track and trace - not sure about that)

Wed 15th Dec - I rang him by midday saying items were not delivered (again very difficult getting through) He stated that he would arrange delivery by courier for next day.

Thu 16th Dec - Goods eventually arrived by City Link, still no sign of supposed Royal Mail consignment

At all times when speaking to Chetan he is very pleasant and appearing willing to please but he gives me the impression of a spinning plate performer, obviously too much to do.

Handnav - You have to get your act together, if this level of service continues you will not survive! I have to say that in this day and age your current performance is totally unacceptable, I deal with many internet companies and the level of service/communication from all is usually excellent, I have to say you are some way behind the pack!

I hope you can improve and quickly for your own survival

Ian
Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chetan has just contacted me by telephone and explained the reasons behind the delay. I can say that he answered all my questions in a very polite manner. So I am now awaiting delivery a little happier than I was before Laughing

Not many companies would contact you at 9:20 at night to explain things and apologise. Good on you Chetan Clap

Glynned
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Thank you for your comments and once again I am really sorry for not getting through to us in a busy time of Christmas.

We have dispatched many of our Brodit back orders today that only arrived to us yesterday and I am sure customers that are waiting for their orders for long time will receive them in a day or two. There were certain Brodit products that got delayed for about 3 weeks, but we have dispatched most these back orders by next day.

Please note that Glynn has received email from Secpay becaused we have only charged your credit card today and have released your order today. We are also anxious to dispatch orders as soon as possible so that we can charge customer's credit card for their orders, but unfortunately with some of the products this is not so easy for which I can only apologize.

Best regards
Chetan
taffy056
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to update you with my order, received this from handnav today. I am not happy at all, they have kept me waiting for the best part of week just to tell me that they don't have this item in stock! I will never go back there again, and would advise that you keep well clear of this website, the service is absolutely awful with no communication at all, the sales line is a joke, and this is not just a christmas thing, do a search on the username handnav and you can see the problems people have had streching back for the best part of a year!

Craig

Dear Sir,

We are sorry to inform you that your order will not be fulfilled due technical issue with the Arkon GPS Ready Mount and Dell X50 PDA.

We had spoken to Arkon today and they are hoping to release new cables for X50 to work with their GPS ready mounts by end of January 2005.

We have credited the full amount back to your credit card and you will be able to see this credit on Friday the 17th December 2004.

Once again, we would like apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards
Sales

Glynned
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile
Chetan,

Just as you said last night the parcel arrived this morning at 10am, by first class post.Very impressed. Thanks again for your help and once you get you systems sorted out there should be no more bad comments about Handnav, hopefully.

thanks again,

Glynned
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Brodit Proclip & Move Clip for my 2004 LR Discovery on 28th Nov, received a confirmation email, since then nothing. I emailed with a query regarding the order status on 17th December... still no reply. This is the third time I have ordered from Handnav, my previous 2 orders were turned round in a reasonable time. Third time unlucky I suppose.

All suppliers of goods & services survive or fail depending upon their ability to serve their customers, and although it can take a long time to build a good reputation, it takes very little time to destroy it.

I seriously doubt I will order from them again after this.
Gurkhaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Sunday, I ordered a cradle for Handnav, which arrived today. I am impressed and happy.
Gurkhaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurkhaman wrote:
Last Sunday, I ordered a cradle from Handnav, which arrived today. I am impressed and happy.

This message is FAO Chetan of Handnav:

Further to my above post, the cradle I bought was for a Mitac Mio 168, which is compatible with my Typhoon My Guide 3500 PPC. I was led to believe that the cradle would sync and charge my PPC via my desktop PC's USB connection. Unfortunately, it does not seem to do either when connected to my desktop, but only charges when connected to the mains. I bought it on the understanding that it was a hotsync and charger cradle. I think it is a bit on the expensive side for just a mains charger because I already bought a travel mains charger for £7.99! Can you please explain. Thank you.

Swaroop.
Gurkhaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gurkhaman wrote:

This message is FAO Chetan of Handnav:

Further to my above post, the cradle I bought was for a Mitac Mio 168, which is compatible with my Typhoon My Guide 3500 PPC. I was led to believe that the cradle would sync and charge my PPC via my desktop PC's USB connection. Unfortunately, it does not seem to do either when connected to my desktop, but only charges when connected to the mains. I bought it on the understanding that it was a hotsync and charger cradle. I think it is a bit on the expensive side for just a mains charger because I already bought a travel mains charger for £7.99! Can you please explain. Thank you.

Swaroop.

Does Chetan still visit this forum? If so please reply. I have also e-mailed Handnav about this problem, but have not received any reply from there either!!!!
nikpro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered Brodit Holder on Fri 11/02/05, received order processed email on Monday the 14/02/05, received order dispatched on Wed. and arrived today - pretty good service I think plus no problem contacting company via phone asking about order.

Will Use Again Thanx.
sooty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Poor Service Reply with quote

Placed an order 13/02/2005 for Brodit mount.
Selected next day delivery at extra cost.
Received email confirmation of order processed 14/02/2005.
Received deferred order released email 16/02/2005.
Sent email 18/02/2005 asking for an order status update.
No reply received to email.
Its now the 23rd and still no goods received.
Tried telephoning today, always engaged or no reply.
Sent fax today cancelling order.

All in all pretty poor service. I have ordered from Handnav before and received the goods next day.

If they don't have the goods in stock, why don't they tell you?

I won't be ordering again. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: