Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cassiopeia E-125 + PocketStreets2005 = Can't detect GPS port
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cassiopeia E-125 + PocketStreets2005 = Can't detect GPS port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GT-Force
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Cassiopeia E-125 + PocketStreets2005 = Can't detect GPS port Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Cassiopeia E-125, and recently purchased MS Streets and Trips 2005 with GPS. This package has PC version of the software, PocketPC version and a Pharos 360 GPS (although it says Microsoft on the GPS, it is a Pharos device). In addition, I purchased the PCMCIA and CF adapter set, and I am connecting the GPS through the CF socket to my PocketPC.

My problem is that after running the Pocket Streets, I click on Menu->GPS->Configure Receiver, I am stuck with the hourglass (rotating pie icon); it can never past hat point. I have also tried downloading "GPS JumpStart" from the Pharos website, and I can choose COM2 which is the port my CF socket is, and the GPS light turns on, and I see communication with the GPS, so indeed, my PocketPC and GPS works, but not with Pocket Streets.

I called MS support, and they proved to be incompetent solving this problem. :x

If anyone came up with a solution to this, please let me know. I ran out of things to try. Sad

I think, the problam is that my CF-port is on COM2, and MS Streets 2005 has problem with it. I could not find a way of setting the communication port of MS Pocket Streets to COM2. I think, that is the solution, but I do not know how to do it. Any registry keys, any .ini file lines? Is there anyone there who can send me the registry key for storing the COM port information, if that is where Pocket Streets keeps this information?

Thanks...
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to use Pocket Streets? Even though the Cassiopeia is an ancient machine there are still a number of decent navigation programs around that will run on it.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
GT-Force
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

I have done, what Microsoft product support could not do for me on their support phone service! Smile
(Well, it is just a simple registry editing, but I spent days trying to find out what value to enter where to set the com port manually, and A LOT of trial error). Here we go:

If you connected your GPS (mine is Microsoft GPS, which is indeed Pahros 360) through the compact flash port to your Cassiopeia E-125, use PHM registry editor to enter the following registry key for Pocket Streets 2005:
Go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Pocket Streets\12

and create a new String Value "GPS_COM_PORT" with value "COM2:" (without quotes).

run Pocket Streets and Start GPS, aaand voila!

Have fun...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: