Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Orange C500 Smartphone upgrade to ROM 4.1.1.4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Orange C500 Smartphone upgrade to ROM 4.1.1.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njsb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Orange C500 Smartphone upgrade to ROM 4.1.1.4 Reply with quote

I have spotted and downloaded an update for the Orange C500 Smartphone from the orange website, this will take the phone to ROM operator 4.1.1.4.

To check your current level on the smartphone select Start-> Settings -> About. Then scroll down to look at your operator level, mine was 4.1.1.0 as originally shipped from orange.

The update wipes out data and apps on the phone, so do an activesync and/or backup as necessary before update.

It might be worth deactivating CoPilot before updating the phone. I didn't I re-installed CoPilot from the original Quick Install Card (After update, turned off phone, took out mini-sd card, start up phone, turn off phone, insert mini-sd card, start up phone and CoPilot will start install again).
I then had to enter Product Key again and activate product, seems to be OK.

Details of the upgrade/patch from Orange can be found at
http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spvc500/article.html?id=sm_1137635

It is probably best to do this update, before doing the CoPilot Smartphone Update I have detailed in a seperate message.

njsb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: