Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP 5450 and GPS position unreliable
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP 5450 and GPS position unreliable

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: HP 5450 and GPS position unreliable Reply with quote

I have a HP 5450. I purchased Tom Tom Naviator 3.0 Bluetooth. I can’t get the two to connect with each other.

The steps I’ve taken to date.

I have followed all of the instructions on Tom Tom’s web site concerning connecting the HP to the TomTom GPS via Bluetooth.

I believe that I have an outgoing connection from my HP to the GPS but have no incoming connection from the GPS to the HP.

The devices do connect as the blue light on the Tom Tom GPS stays lite for 2.5 minutes. It then times out. I don't believe that is transmitting anything back to my HP. I have done this outside in clear view of the sky with the same results as I get in the car. The GPS unit appears to have locked into a position as the green light flashes.

I notified Tom Tom and they had me return the GPS unit and sent me a new.

Upon reinstallation, I had the same issues.

I contacted Tom Tom directly and worked with a rep for about an hour over the phone.

We hard booted my HP and reinstalled the Tom Tom software. This did not do the trick

We reviewed the comm. ports and looking at the HP Bluetooth settings, the serial ports listed are inbound com port 5 and outbound com port 8.

Going into Tom Tom program under GPS status, the only serial cable com ports that I show available are: 0, 6 and 1. I was told that 5 and 8 should be available as well. They aren’t.

We checked the Rom version of my system as well. I have a Rom version 2.00.17, it is dated 5 May 03. The HP site has the Rom version for my Ipaq listed at 1.11.xx dated 6 Jun 03 as the most current version? Could this be part of the issue?

I also updated the Bluetooth driver to version 1.4.1.58, the most recent version per the HP site.

After my discussions with Tom Tom, I installed and confirmed that that I was using GPS driver version 2.07. I also removed the Tom Tom wizard. This made no difference at all.

Is there any way to make com ports 5 and 8 available?

Thank you,
Mike
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please repy in this thread.
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: