Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - expansys.com
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

expansys.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: expansys.com Reply with quote

I've always had great service from the UK site for all manner of things for my Ipaq - if it's in stock they have never not delivered next day.

I've even spoken to them on the phone (try that with dabs.com!) and they were helpful and sorted out an order I had placed incorrectly without any problem.

100% recommended - if you are happy with the price quoted -some are very low others are not - (and no I do not have any connection to them other than as a customer).

Ian
Garry Platt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: expansys.com Reply with quote

I would concur, they are an excellent organisation.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Expansys are good, the only thing I can flaw them on is not updating their stock numbers. Many a times with international products like Arkon's I've been told they're waiting delivery in 1-3 working days, and don't get the products until a month later. I've also purchased a very expensive VR headset and was constantly told it was in-stock and had to wait 2 months and I kept telling Expansys to show their stock item as out of stock but they wouldn't change it. If they've got the products in stock, you shouldn't have a problem!
Mark G
Occasional Visitor

I used Expansys and the service was good but not excellent, my order was phoned through at 2pm on Thursday and this was followed by loads of paperwork to "confirm" my credit card. The result was the order shipped late Friday and I missed the weekend. As I commute this cost me a full week of use. Allow 48 hours for delivery and you will be fine.
Shockabuku
Occasional Visitor

I agree with Dave...excellent service from Expansys, but product "in stock dates" are totally wrong. 2 days = 2 weeks! Other than that, very efficient in my experience.
SJTaylor
Occasional Visitor

Just bought an Emtac from Expansys this week at 12 p.m., delivered next day at 10 p.m. (in the middle of nowhere). Good price with no hassle.

If you are getting something expensive delivered to an address other than the one your card is registered to, expect extra checks. It's you they're looking after.
pevelius
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by SJTaylor on 11 March 2003

If you are getting something expensive delivered to an address other than the one your card is registered to, expect extra checks. It's you they're looking after.

true, true... you guys are lucky to live in the same country as the seller.

14.3. i placed the order for socket bt gps

17.3. i faxed my credit card and driverīs license

17.3. i called them. they hadnīt recieved the fax, so i e-mailed them the necessary details as pdf

21.3. i was still waiting for CC auth, so i e-mailed them. they replied that socket BT is out of stock and should be delivered next week

22.3. i came home from C-152 night flight and got e-mail that they wonīt deliver to my work address. DOH!

they will receive my reply on monday and if it is possible to deliver to my home after 5pm weekdays or on saturday or i can pick the package from some office here, i hopefully get that **** gps some day. but iīm loosing faith a bit here for internet buying...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Must admit I don't have any problems getting things delivered from Expansys to my work address, and have had products over Ģ1000 delivered. I guess I've only used my work address on delivery and have used Expansys since it started trading, so perhaps I've been lucky. I suppose they companies may frown upon this when selling over seas as it's more difficult to track whether you work there, or whether the transaction could be fraudulent.
pevelius
Occasional Visitor

yup. i too usually get everything i order to whatever place iīm ordering to. just my first try from UK.

itīs funny how difficult it is to buy hardware compared to buying software.

perhaps they could fax the unit to me? once did that when i run out of printer paper...

iīll get it some day...

pevelius
Occasional Visitor

doh, now expansys canceled my order but didnīt notify me. is this really the way to deal with customers in UK e-shops?

have to find some other reseller. that path seems to be way too rough for nordic customers.

chango
Occasional Visitor

I had no probs and my Tosh 740e decided to die 3 weeks l8r and they replaced it overnight no questions asked..
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Mostly I've been fine with them. Couple of times next day was the day after next (which is always annoying when you're as excited about things as I am), but on the whole very good and extremely competitive.
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

Excellent service, friendly and efficient when contacted, however stock estimating appalling, do not order from them if it is out of stock, they could test the patience of a saint. Laughing Out Loud !

Regards,

B

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: