Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - rx3715 connection problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

rx3715 connection problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mc260377
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: rx3715 connection problem Reply with quote

Hey all,

Ive just purchased tt nav 3 with bluetooth and I'm having problems getting the damn thing connected.

Ive run through the wizard and the device is paired ok. Ive also added a connection for it and can connect to it ok through BT settings (lite on receiver goes constant blue) but when I then go into the tom tom nav and select GPS status I goto the drop down box, select bluetooth serial port com 8, click on the tick but it doesnt connect.

I'm banging my head against a wall... hopefully this is something simple to fix?

I cant understand it cos ive got the solid blue lite which should mean its connected but in tt it doesnt connect?

Help pleeese Smile
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably your TomTom GPS driver has bent the port to something like COM5. Please completely uninstall the TomTom GPS driver (including that funny wizard) and then re-install TomTom GPS version 2.07 from our downloads page.

Then, in BlueTooth manager make sure the outgoing serial port is really COM8 - on my 6315 for example it's COM7

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Xordan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've got the same problem.

I've setup everything correctly AFAIK, and it connects (blue light constant). There is only an outgoing connection, no incoming, I'm not sure if that's normal. When I run tt nav, it says GPS unreliable, even when I've set it to COM8. The BT then disconnects after a few min from the GPS. I've tried the drivers on this site as well, and I still have the same problem.
mc260377
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted it.... First I downloaded the 3.03 patch from tomtom.com then I donwloaded the rx3715 fix from here http://www.pocketpc-club.nl/docs/TomTom%20fix%20rx3715.cab

All you need to do is copy that cab file to any folder on your ipaq and then run it from your ipaq... soft boot your ipaq and then connect to your bt receiver in the normal way.

In GPS settings the rx3715 uses bluetooth port com 6, connect to that and weeeeeeeeeeee! Smile
Xordan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, awsome. Thanks mate. :D
sywy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've just got my rx3715 and TTN3 BT and am also having the same problems. I've applied the 2 patches above, and am still getting the 'GPS position unreliable' message when I boot up TTN3. I note from the post above, that it says TT uses com6, is this a typo? As I don't seem to have a com6. The BT com port is com8, as mentioned in a previous post. Is one of the patches supposed to adda com6 or something?

Thanks,
Simon
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom GPS driver 2.08+ is bending COM ports. You need to remove it completely to get your original ports back

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
sywy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The TomTom GPS driver 2.08+ is bending COM ports. You need to remove it completely to get your original ports back

OK, thanks - now sorted.
I removed TT GPS and installed 2.07 instead.
As more and more people are going to buy the rx3715, is it worth a sticky?
dumbterminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup had the same problem with my rx3715 but the method described fixed it

Do you have to connect the port up every time before running TT? on my xda II just running TT connected the gps

DT
DavidMart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: rx3115 bluetooth + Tomtom problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my iPaq rx3115. Bluetooth is mapped to the COM6 (outbond), but the Tomtom GPS software can only allow me to choose COM8.
If I install the rx3715 fix mentioned above + the Tomtom 2.07 driver on the freshly hard-reset PDA, then I get the connection with the GPS and Tomtom driver sees it. But as soon as I install the Tomtom Navigator bundle on top (including the new GPS driver, I can't unselect it), it stops working.

If I install the Navigator bundle first, and then downgrade to the 2.07 driver + the rx3715 fix, it still doesn't work. Which is the right sequence of the installation? Please help, I've alredy spent so much time fighting with this thing!..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: