Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Multiple Waypoints
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Waypoints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Multiple Waypoints Reply with quote

Got my GO yesterday, and very impressed. Nice and clear and everything else. My only problem is I can't figure out how to enter multiple waypoints. According the this review: http://www.lordpercy.com/tom_tom_go.htm
multiple waypoints are available, and a useful way of creating a complex route.

"Navigation simply requires a part postcode of entry of a UK address down to street level and the unit starts to plot your route from current position, a new feature with Go is the inclusion of waypoints allowing the plotting of complicated multi stop routes, ideal for deliveries."

How's it done, 'cos it not covered in the manual (I don't think).

Andy
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes You can't. Let's hope it gets fixed in the next update ...
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have an intermediate travel-via or waypoint simply by setting a route and then select find alternative then travel via and you can enter your stop over location.
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Mike, you can create one via that way, but Maggot specified multiple waypoints to make a complex route.

My workround is to set up potential waypoints as favourites, and pop them in as vias like you described as I go along.

I often break long trips into a sequence of multiple destinations anyway, to keep down the recalc time, which can be signifant on a complex route.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuke wrote:
Yes Mike, you can create one via that way, but Maggot specified multiple waypoints to make a complex route.

My workround is to set up potential waypoints as favourites, and pop them in as vias like you described as I go along.

I often break long trips into a sequence of multiple destinations anyway, to keep down the recalc time, which can be signifant on a complex route.

I agree wholeheartedly. Look at the source of that information, an advertorial. Now I am not going to blow our horn...

If I want a complex routing with multiple stops I generally use POIs for this. The reason being that when starting I can choose the nearest one then keep choosing the nearest untill I have completed my stops.

If I want a long route then I will always let TomTom do it for me as some routes choices can be marginal and a different route would be selected under ceretain circumstances.
Maggot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Multiple Waypoints Reply with quote

Thanks MikeB - I see a work round of putting numbered favourites or POI's along my chosen route, and then navigating to each one in turn. Seems a bit of fiddle mind. It's a pain when I don't intend to stop - i.e. have a route where I want to avoid two sections, independantly.

I wrote to tomtom, and they said they'd consider it for a future release (hmm). Considering navman offers 14 waypoints, Garmin has 500, and TTGO offers only 1, it's an area that could use some enhancement!! We'll see! The whole subject of routing seems to let the ttgo down a bit, with no options for avoiding motorways, or wanting scenics routes etc.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Waypoints Reply with quote

Maggot wrote:
The whole subject of routing seems to let the ttgo down a bit, with no options for avoiding motorways, or wanting scenics routes etc.

Or wanting the option of shortest or quickest route.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: