Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Update problem to TomTom 4.40 with T3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Update problem to TomTom 4.40 with T3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raimund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Update problem to TomTom 4.40 with T3 Reply with quote

Hello,

I buyed TomTom 4.000 already installed on a SD card 2 months ago, everything fine.
I now downloaded the Update of September 2004 and wanted to install it on my T3. The setup programm works without any problem, I do the HotSync as demanded, and that's it. No navigator assistant ist starting as described ... no update is getting installed.

Either someting is missing in the description or I make something wrong. Palm Desktop ist version 4.14, PC is running with Windows XP.

Has anybody installed the update already, successfully ? Do I have to install some files manually ?

Please help me, I really would like to get some OVIs on my palm.
rusty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raimund,
I had same problem other day , then I realised not enough room left on the 128 meg card for the updatre. So copied programe to 256 card put the update on and was ok
andybryant
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue. Why ship a 128M card with TomTom one month, then issue an upgrade that requires a larger card the next month.

Also - no warning in the upgrade material.

PITA.

A.
Raimund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already an 256 MB card, but the maps of Germany installed, means that I have about 4 MB left ... maybe thats not enough, I'll try it at TomTom directlty to ask if there is a memory problem.

But shouldn't it give than a message like "Not enough memory" or something like that ?
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Update problem to TomTom 4.40 with T3 Reply with quote

Raimund wrote:
Hello,

I buyed TomTom 4.000 already installed on a SD card 2 months ago, everything fine.
I now downloaded the Update of September 2004 and wanted to install it on my T3. The setup programm works without any problem, I do the HotSync as demanded, and that's it. No navigator assistant ist starting as described ... no update is getting installed.

Either someting is missing in the description or I make something wrong. Palm Desktop ist version 4.14, PC is running with Windows XP.

Has anybody installed the update already, successfully ? Do I have to install some files manually ?

Please help me, I really would like to get some OVIs on my palm.

The September update 4.40 is for the TomTom Go, i am not sure if it works on the Palm.
andybryant
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one works for the Palm.
http://support-uk.tomtom.com/cgibin/uk.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1825&p_created=001089123141

I thought it was working fine on the new card, but it seems that something got corrupted. I then started getting Fatal Errors when planning a route.

Logged a support call for TT.

They replied with the message to reinstall, as follows:
--------------
1. Connect your T3 to your PC
2. Format the SD card (original card) in the T3
3. Put your navigator CD in and run this and choose to install navigator. Follow the instructions to hot sync afterwards

Install this update:

Title: Update September 2004 - TomTom Navigator 4.40 for palmOne – PalmOS
URL: http://support-uk.tomtom.com/cgibin/uk.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1825&p_created=001089123141

4. Then run the setup again and reload a small map from your original package as required (or the full map if needed) Follow the instructions to hot sync afterwards. Then attempt to run the software by taking the SD card out of the T3 and putting the SD card back in. Then you will be prompted for activation so then activate this small map. Then install the major roads of Europe (if required and space exists on the SD card in question). If you are also going to install a map or maps from the maps of western Europe then do so (providing space exists on the memory card) and then open this country map by choosing the switch maps icon within the change preferences option in the navigator options menu. Activate the map with your product code from the maps of western Europe box.
-------------

I tried this twice. Once with a Lexar card. Same behaviour. Crashing on route planning. Second time I thought I'd give the original TomTom 128M a try.

On the original 128M card that I thought was too small, it now seems to be working fine. Guess I must have managed to install some other stuff to the card in addition to the tomtom map, which had filled it up.

So - if you're having trouble because the upgrade won't fit - then try the above. (But be warned that you'll loose all of your settings).

Andy.
Raimund
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally made it :D . The following way was successful:

1. Formatting the SD-card (clear, 256 MB)
2. Installing the original TomTom Navigation software (it was 4.0)
3. Updating to the new version 4.40
4. Installing the Germany map
5. Activating the map at www.ttcode.com

The installation of the Germany map never was successful when I did it via docking station. The good way finally was putting it into the SD-card slot of my notebook and making a direct installattion onto the SD-card.

Now everything is working, but the time to start up TomTom navigation is now very long ... I don't care, right now, I'm glad having the navigation back.
The homepage of TomTom is poor, there is no help which can be used, and also the helpdesk didn't get me forward. Trial and error was finally the way.

Actually, I'm looking for POIs which work on Palm/T3, like McDonalds or gas stations ... if anybody knows sources, please let me know.

Thanks for your support and input !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: