Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Yakumo Delta 300 PDA and Destinator3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Yakumo Delta 300 PDA and Destinator3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Yakumo Delta 300 PDA and Destinator3 Reply with quote

Can anyone shed some light on what may seem a daft question? I bought the Yakumo and the sofware/hardware from Germany - cost was €300 + delivery to UK at €30 which I thought was a good deal.

I've bought the Destinator W.Europe maps and a couple of SD 256Mb cards. All is not well! I have an unusual set-up:

1) The PDA was intended for the German market, so the OS is in German. This isn't too bad as I'm OK with German, but English would be nicer. Yakumo reckon nothing can be done to change the language, does anyone know differently?

2) Destinator3 is a bit of an awkward so and so - it doesn't like the location of my workplace and the map data is a bit suspect. Destinator's website is not at all helpful and I've had no replies from their tech support, yet. Is the software a bit of a lemon, would I be better off with something else?

Sorry for the long posting - I'm new to this. Laughing

I wish I'd known about this site before I bought my set-up! Crying or Very sad
nicknamealreadytaken
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I bought the Yakumo Delta 300 a couple of weeks ago from Toys r us for £299. It came with Marco Polo navigator software already installed on a 256mb card and the original discs. Worked perfect and in English. I recently changed the software to Tom Tom 3 out of personal preference and still it is perfect.

I had no difficulty in installing TT3 except for getting the PPC to talk to the GPS. I posted the question on this site and received an answer straight away. Very simple tweak and within 5 mins I was working,.

Regards

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: