Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RoyalTek RBT 3000 for Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RoyalTek RBT 3000 for Pocket PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: RoyalTek RBT 3000 for Pocket PC Reply with quote

Hello: I got a new i-Mate Pocket PC and am trying to configure the RBT 3000 with it. The AutoScan in BlueGPS software does not detect the Recer no matter what I do. And COM 1 is always in use, for I do not know what. The Pocket PC however does detect the BlueGPS through its own BT settings (the old BT Manager in other pDAs).
All help will be appreciated.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anil,

you are talking about two different things here

1) The iMate needs to establish a BT connection to the receiver. Optionally you can pair the devices with the provided code. (Looks like you have done that part)

2) The iMate needs to subscribe to the services that the RBT is offering (obviously what we want is the Serial Port, so we can get the GPS data). In the BTM, tap and hold the icon for the RBT, and then tap on "Connect to serial port"

After that your BlueGPS program should be able to access the RBT via port COM8 (or whatever is specified as outgoing serial port on your iMate)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
anil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: RoyalTek RBT 3000 for Pocket PC Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Lutz. Sorry I could not get back to you earlier but I found some problems with the device cradle and I only now got the replacement piece to begin work on my iMate again.

a) I do not have the provided Code. I asked the Pocket PC retailer and he had no clue about this also. When I ask the BlueTooth Settings (previously known as BlueTooth Manager) to scan for nearby devices, it finds the BlueGPS 29E..... and then it ask me for a PIN that I do not have.

b) When I go via the BlueGPS screen, it does not find the RoyalTek BlueGPS at all. I do the AutoScan (after I ensure that the iMate BlueTooth is off). The iMate BlueTooth comes on. It scans (takes about 5 mins) and then comes back and says "Failed to set up connection". I do not know why this is happening at all.

Regards,
-Anil
anil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: RoyalTek RBT 3000 for Pocket PC Reply with quote

One other thing is that when I went to the MS web site, it is telling me that the iMate is using Windows 2003 Mobile Pocket PC platform. And this is different from Pocket PC 2003 platform. Do you think this makes a difference?

Regards,
-Anil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RBT-3000 uses a security code of '0000'.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full name of Pocket PC 2003 is "Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003". Some abbreviated that to Windows Mobile 2003, but as most people were used to Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002, the version of Pocket PC was dubbed Pocket PC 2003 by most.

I believe Microsoft were trying to introduce Windows Mobile as an umbrella brand to cover both Pocket PCs and SmartPhones - but "Windows Mobile 2003" is somewhat ambiguous (does it refer to Pocket PC 2003 or SmartPhone 2003?) and the full names (as mentioned before) are so unwieldy that this attempt seems to have failed.

David
vstocktr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching this kind of topic on the internet and found this thread the most similar.

I bought a Royaltek RBT-3000 BlueGPS in June and succeeded in connecting it to my Pocket Loox 420 through bluetooth (it took me about 2days to figure it out, but okay) and it worked fine with TT3.

I had to hard reset my PPC after a non-use of the unit (about a month) and tried to reconfigure the BlueGPS-unit. I'm trying about a week now...

Problem is that none of the leds is blinking, except when I charge the unit. No Bluetooth-led, although I can pair the GPS with my pocket PC.

Is my unit dead? How can I find out that it is okay?
Any tips to help this thing work?

Thanks very much!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: