Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 3 (and 2) Gives Occasional Premature Instructions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 3 (and 2) Gives Occasional Premature Instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Navigator 3 (and 2) Gives Occasional Premature Instructions Reply with quote

I have been using Navigator 2 (and then 3) for about a year now. Initially the problem I am reporting did not occur, but for several months now it has been occuring once or maybe twice (on average) per trip. This started before changing to Navigator 3, but the same affect is seen with the new software.
The problem is that occasionally the voice and navigation instructions seem to jump ahead of reality by anything from 100 yds to 10 or more miles. I might be driving along expecting a junction (say) in e.g. 3 miles. The distance to the junction will be displayed correctly at one moment, but then it suddenly thinks we are approaching the junction and gives the usual warning, when we are still 3 miles away. The actual tracking on the displayed map is however still quite correct. TomTom navigation then shuts down until the junction is actually reached, when it will usually pick up normally again. If not, I have to disable navigation and re-enable, and then it recalculates and every thing carries on as normal again.
As I said above, this may happen typically once or twice a journey, but it does not seem to necessarily occur at the same place each time.
Has anyone else had this problem and might be able to shed light on it? My software is running on an iPAQ 2210 with a Holux GM270 receiver.
I would be grateful for any help in this matter

Andy
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, usually happens about once a week at random locations. Unfortunately I have no idea why or how to fix it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: