Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed loading ukpostcode from digitools please.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed loading ukpostcode from digitools please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Help needed loading ukpostcode from digitools please. Reply with quote

This is what I have done so far.
1. Downloaded directly from digitools to desktop
2. Extract all files to new folder on desktop
3. Connected ipaq 5550 with TTN3 via activesync
4. Already have Ceckpoint on ppc so moved on to step 4
5. Copied ukpostcode exe. and dat. files to a new folder on storage card

Can't seem to see ukpostcode anywhere on ppc to create shortcut mentioned or open program, where should I be looking or have I missed something. Any advice much appreciated as newcomer to sat nav and ppc's. Thanks
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Explore in Active Sync, using the PC with my PDA docked in its cradle. First find your Start menu and leave the window on your desktop. Then find ukpostcodes.exe and right click on it. Move your cursor into the Start menu window and right click, select Create Short Cut here from the drop down menu (You need to make sure your Start Menu is no already full)
Robin
keeef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robin, that worked fine. However when I open the program I get an Installation error message - ukpostcode.dat not found in .exe folder then no matching postcode found in database. As I mentioned earlier both the .dat and .exe files are copied to a folder on the storage card.
Any ideas? Keith
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just guessing, but perhaps you should just load the files, not put them in a folder. Perhaps Niels' program can't see TomTom through the wrapper. I just have the two files on a CF card and it works fine. The TomTom maps are on a SD card (I have an iPAQ 2210 which has 2 card slots, and when I first installed it I didn't have room on the SD card to put the UK Postcodes)
Robin
keeef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried moving files out of folder onto storage card and also tried putting them in the map folder but still get same error message. Am I right in thinking you only need the .dat and .exe folders for it to work as I already have Checkpoint, Also noticed the ukpostcode.exe folder changes its name to NTTest2 Application after it has been extracted\unzipped, is this normal? Thanks in advance for any help\advice.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right, if you have Checkpoint you only need those 2 files. But I'm puzzled - I have just looked at my CF card, and the 2 files have retained their original names. Perhaps someone else can help
Robin
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the shortcut you've created although pointing to the .exe on your storage card it's running from the start menu\programs directory.

Go to activesync and explore. Navigate to storage card and the poscode directory. Right click the .exe and create shortcut. Cut this shortcut then paste it into the programs directory. Should work a treat!
keeef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fingery and Robin2 for your help, it's working perfectly now thanks to you .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: