Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live 5 Update Patches
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live 5 Update Patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live 5 Update Patches Reply with quote

ALK have posted desktop and Pocket PC patches in their support area. On one page of the web site it says that they are only for the US, but if you look a bit closer they specifically mention fixes for the London Congestion Charge area and for France, so I guess the fixes are for everyone. Anyway, I have just downloaded them myself.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the patch and it installed OK. I downloaded it first to my PC, and then made a quickstart card on a CF card. Choosing that option it took me a long time to spot the download link. Go to the instructions on how to install it from your PC, and look for the wordhere
Robin
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that after applying the PocketPC update, I had no spoken instructions. The language.cfg file had been altered and now referred to US English although I actually had English English installed. I suppose I could have edited the config file, but instead reinstalled Pocket Speech. It now works fine.
HielandLad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just installed the update. The insttructions at the bottom of the upgrade page are a little confusing, as it looks like the links on each of the two options have been swapped over. Like above, I didn't notice the PC update link till after I had installed on Pocket PC.

Am I right in saying that some of the Live options have changed e.g. choosing whether it connects on startup. It now doesn't seem to offer the choice. I am sure that previously, I had live communication enabled, but it didn't try to connect when I started CP5. I was just getting ready for the traffic option.

On the subject of traffic, I wonder if we are any closer to getting traffic notification?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a call from ALK around 5pm yesterday saying they had released a patch but unfortunately some of the files were incorrect or corrupted. They were placing an updated version on the website within a few hours and hopefully it would be available for this am (Thursday).
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kartracer wrote:
I found that after applying the PocketPC update, I had no spoken instructions. The language.cfg file had been altered and now referred to US English although I actually had English English installed. I suppose I could have edited the config file, but instead reinstalled Pocket Speech. It now works fine.

Which site did you go to for the download?
www.alk.com or www.alk.eu.com

The update patch from alk.eu.com for the desktop option updated correctly for the UK/Europe version, I suspect the update patch on the alk.com site is for the US version. The patch installed correctly on the desktop, but you need to do a full Data download to the SD card followed by a soft reset to update the PPC. After updating the PPC you need to check/reset the options.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Patches Reply with quote

Hi,

ALK EU have got the links sorted out now i think.

However, if you follow the link for "installed on desktop and Pocket PC" - the pop up window explains that you need to re-download (via the data download wizard) the maps again to my SD Card - do I need to do this for the patch?

Secondly, I have read other threads which mention ALK EU are working on another patch to deal with memory issues etc - so is it worth waiting for that rather than have to do it again?

Thanks

Matt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: