Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 5 seems determined to drown me!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 5 seems determined to drown me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J2J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 5 seems determined to drown me! Reply with quote

Those of you who have read my last post, will be aware that I am having a few problems with my recently aquired setup, however, not content with it's determination not to give any camera alerts, Co Pilot is now trying to guide me straight in to the Grand Union Canal, each time I visit my company's head office. Despite the fact that the only direct route is along a straight main road, it insists that I must turn right down a residential cul de sac and drive my car in to the canal. The on screen map clearly shows the road to be a dead end. I have resisted the invitation to 'swim with the fishes' and remain puzzled. It follows on, by insisting that I now either do a u-turn and accept my fate, or take a horseshoe shaped route through an industrial estate, to rejoin the main road just before my office building.
Is there any way that I can correct this? (none of the affected roads are newly built and the canal has been there for about 200 years!)

Oh, and I still have no solution to the non functioning camera alert; no reply has been forthcoming from alk, to my requests for help.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you please send me a screenshot with the route in question, I'll try to contact ALK support from here.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
J2J
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
I had a telephone call from ALK support this morning!
A very helpful guy, talked me through the problem I am experiencing with the camera database, (no audio or visual alerts). Seems that they know of the problem and are working on it. It was suggested that I do a new download of PocketGPSWorld cameras from your site, (my existing data, was included in the ALK software).
With regard to the 'Sailing Holiday' on the Grand Union Canal, which CoPilot seems determined that I should take; this is still something of a mystery, but appears to be a mapping error, based around a road which runs parallel with the canal. I will be sending details to Navtech, along with a request for them to put my home address in the correct place on the street, (it's out by 350 feet).
Keep up the good work; Pocket GPS World is an excellent and informative site. I hope to be able to make some useful contribution in the future, when I have gained a little more knowledge.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: