Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
We are working on updating the Download page at the moment. When we have completed it will include a download for the Garmins as well.

That is great. Thanks a million for that.
coinshooters
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: i3 speed camera downloads Reply with quote

Well MaFt, you made that sound easy, but where did you get the CSV other file ? found OV2 BMP,
so do you just download to the i3,
sorry about what may seem like basic questions here, but I dont want to screw up th i3,
do you get voice warning of cameras?

also copy the bmp's from the 'ov2 bmp' folder into the csv other folder and it sticks the whole lot on in about 2 seconds. fantastic
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coinshooters:

download the full database: http://www.pocketgpspoi.com/downloads/pocketgps_uk_sc_aug05.zip

extract it all and go to the folder: 'csv files' then in there is another folder called 'other'

once you have copied the bmp's from the ov2 bitmap folder into this folder called 'other' i suggest renaming it garmin and putting it somewhere obvious (like in my documents or something!)

ok, then download the POI loader from garmin at http://www.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

install this then connect the i3 to the PC using the supplied usb lead - it will power the unit from the usb lead so you don't need batteries in it.

[note: the following is from memory, i'm writing this at work so can't be 100% sure of the exact order and instructions!]
the poi loader should automatically run and ask you what type of file you want to add. select csv and point it to the 'garmin' folder you named earlier.

tell it to do it automaticaly (otherwise you need to confirm each and every camera (there's 7129 of them) as it gets transferred. click next/ok etc etc and it will transfer them over.

when out driving you will get an audible warning as you approach an area with speed camera's and the unit will say 'speed restricted area 30mph' or something similar - it will keep beeping at you until you slow down to the right speed - it gives you about half a mile either side of the camera. as you approach a traffic light camera it will say 'red light warning' on the screen and beep at you.

the traffic light bitmap shows up on the unit, but for some reason the speed camera one doesn't... i'm going to have a play with it at some point to try redo the bmp for the speed camera's (unless someone at pocket gps already has?)

hope that helps and makes things a bit clearer!!

MaFt
coinshooters
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I am sure your post is going to get a lot of veiws,
just the sort of info I needed, thanks :D
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
the traffic light bitmap shows up on the unit, but for some reason the speed camera one doesn't... i'm going to have a play with it at some point to try redo the bmp for the speed camera's (unless someone at pocket gps already has?)

Is it because you are using the \csv\other files and not \speed zoned\gatso(or mobile)\csv files

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
coinshooters
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Gamin i3 cameras Reply with quote

well it worked, downloaded in the wink of an eye, and advised of cameras with plenty of warning,
noticed the camera icon did appear, then disapear, but only tried on one camera,
thanks for your help,
now looking forward to more possibilities with this great little unit, certainly a steal at current price,
:D
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Gamin i3 cameras Reply with quote

coinshooters wrote:
well it worked, downloaded in the wink of an eye, and advised of cameras with plenty of warning,
noticed the camera icon did appear, then disapear, but only tried on one camera,
thanks for your help,
now looking forward to more possibilities with this great little unit, certainly a steal at current price,
:D

glad you got it sorted! i too noticed it briefley appear then go... strange... anyway, icons don't really excite me, i much prefer the warning that there's a camera rather than an icon!!

MaFt
attic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 Cameras Reply with quote

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this. Here's what I've found:

You get the initial warning message and the multiple beep.

If you are going above the speed limit that is in the csv file, you see the bitmap of the gatso or whatever as you have loaded it. i3 keeps beeping, but in single beeps.

If your speed falls below the limit (or was originally) the bitmap disappears (or you don't ever see it).

You can usually always see the redlight ones, because they are usually set to speed limit 0.

I've downloaded a few other POIs (B&Q stores, Underground stations etc). i3 can located them fine as destinations. If you click on one, and select "view map" you can see the bitmap for all POIs on the i3, including the default loaded ones, and all cameras etc. But, once you go into navigation mode, the bitmaps disappear and you never see them again. According to Garmin, this is because
Quote:
the consensus is that the POI's clog up the screen
Not sure I agree, but there you go...
RichardCr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the traffic light bitmap shows up on the unit, but for some reason the speed camera one doesn't.

I find that in Adobe Photoshop Elements if you open the safety camera icons, "select all" and "paste as a new image" and then save as a .bmp, they will then show up when loaded.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: SC Icons Reply with quote

RichardCr wrote:
Quote:
the traffic light bitmap shows up on the unit, but for some reason the speed camera one doesn't.

I find that in Adobe Photoshop Elements if you open the safety camera icons, "select all" and "paste as a new image" and then save as a .bmp, they will then show up when loaded.

Done that and still not showing on screen. not even when in "view map" mode. All I am getting is like a small dot in a white square and only when exceeding the speed limit to activate the alert.
RichardCr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: SC Icons Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
RichardCr wrote:
Quote:

Done that and still not showing on screen. not even when in "view map" mode. All I am getting is like a small dot in a white square and only when exceeding the speed limit to activate the alert.

The dot in the white square is the default when no valid icon is uploaded.

Don't know what to suggest as this works for me; the icons appear on the 'view map' and also when I approach a camera exceeding the limit. The only missing details are that the file format is Windows rather then OS/2 and a depth is 1 bit but they are the defaults anyway. Are you sure you're uploading the new files and not the old ones?

Note that the red light and spec icons which are in colour do not need any manipulation. Do they work for you? If so and you still get no joy on the others you might try the bmp files in the alternative folder which are all in colour.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: icons Reply with quote

Many thanks for the speedy reply. I have saved the bmp files in windows format with a depth of 1 bit (the default settings) as you said but had no joy. I'll try again later and see if I can get it to work.
gnikolai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: What about Germany? Reply with quote

Hello dear members,

I have TomTom Mobile 5 for symbian Phones (Nokia 6600).

I do live in Germany and I would like to know if has any sence to "install" the files named: 1) pocketgps_continetal.bmp and 2) pocketgps_continetal.ov2 into our MMC card in the folder of Germany Navigator Map.

I do have also the Major Streets of Europe Map that contains ONLY the main roads of Europe? Has any sence to copy there?
Any other files with _uk_ including on the name of the file is ONLY for Great Britain Navigator Map for TomTom isnt it?

Thank you very much for your asistance!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What about Germany? Reply with quote

gnikolai wrote:
Hello dear members,

I have TomTom Mobile 5 for symbian Phones (Nokia 6600).

I do live in Germany and I would like to know if has any sence to "install" the files named: 1) pocketgps_continetal.bmp and 2) pocketgps_continetal.ov2 into our MMC card in the folder of Germany Navigator Map.

I do have also the Major Streets of Europe Map that contains ONLY the main roads of Europe? Has any sence to copy there?
Any other files with _uk_ including on the name of the file is ONLY for Great Britain Navigator Map for TomTom isnt it?

Thank you very much for your asistance!

Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

The Continental camera file is not very big and covers Amsterdam, Rotterdam, but with the bulk between Dortmund and Cologne. The 2 most Easterly cameras are near Kassel.

If this covers the area that you use, by all means copy both files to the Germany Map Folder.

If you want to see the spread of the cameras for yourself, then copy both files to the Major Roads of Europe Map and you can Browse the Map and see where they all are. You will have to set them Visible by going to Options > POI and ticking their options box.

Yes, anything with _uk is for Great Britain Map.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain what:
Var
TBA
Temp
categories are exactly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: