Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_huh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if the Navigon MobileNavigator|4 can use the speed camera database?
khalil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: 7610 Reply with quote

ive got routee 66n on my 7610 would any of these work on that and if yeh which one??

thanx
Sp00k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is what it appears to be, then I'd say that you were being undersold! Rolling Eyes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5761679862&rd=1
paulp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, is it me or is the link broken??

I've tried IE and firefox from two different computers Crying or Very sad

Please help
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server is still down.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sas-boy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: [b]Navigon 5 [/b] Reply with quote

This road and safety camera stuff (pocket gps database) can it be used with the new Navigon 5 as I’m thinking of getting this when it comes out in May?? Thank you in advance.
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Repackage download? Reply with quote

This zip file is getting a nightmare with all the different files for different applications and then all the speedzoned stuff too!
Is there any chance it could be split up into different folders, if not different zip files?
I think that a lot of ppl will be increasingly put off by all the complexity.
The "Which files should I use" readme file is not much help either since XP hides file extensions by default.

I'd recommend having separate folders per application-type, so that ppl can then just copy all the files across each time for their app, plus two downloads - one speedzoned, the other not.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Repackage download? Reply with quote

Mr-B wrote:
This zip file is getting a nightmare with all the different files for different applications and then all the speedzoned stuff too!
Is there any chance it could be split up into different folders, if not different zip files?
I think that a lot of ppl will be increasingly put off by all the complexity.
The "Which files should I use" readme file is not much help either since XP hides file extensions by default.

I'd recommend having separate folders per application-type, so that ppl can then just copy all the files across each time for their app, plus two downloads - one speedzoned, the other not.

So perhaps you can tell me how people have managed to use the database download in the past when the different file types were all in the root folder.

You now have sub folders and it is now not necessary to reveal the file extensions to get the correct type of file. The file extensions are given in the folder names.

Unfortunately some people experienced a problem because of the comma originally in the "ov2 bmp" folder name. But I put that right as soon as I knew what was causing the problem.

It is difficult to please all of the people all of the time, but then that is no surprise.

Richard
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Repackage download? Reply with quote

Oldie wrote:

So perhaps you can tell me how people have managed to use the database download in the past when the different file types were all in the root folder.

You now have sub folders and it is now not necessary to reveal the file extensions to get the correct type of file. The file extensions are given in the folder names.

There are always early adopters who will manage to get the most complex things working and I'm glad that they're around! :D
However GPS is now being used by ppl who aren't very technical - and I guess why should they have to be? It's moving more mainstream, and usually this means the price comes down which is good for everyone. :D

Yes the subfolders are a definite improvement and thanks for that (they weren't there the last time I downloaded) but I still think the layout should be oriented towards the apps that ppl have (and speedzone preference) rather than referring to file extensions, which will tend to put a lot of ppl off, and the need to copy from multiple locations.

If you're working with these files frequently then you obviously may be puzzled at ppl needing help - but if (like most ppl) you're only downloading them occasionally and onto a system whose files you *really* don't want to mess up 8O , then it becomes a completely different matter.

For instance I have remember to only copy the Redlight/Specs/Temp ov2&bmp files from one folder and then copy the speedzoned ov2&bmp files from both the Mobile and Gatso folders into a certain folder on my SD card. I'm sure I can't be the only person doing this, so why not have a simple script to generate everything in one folder per app & speedzone preference (although I wonder who would not want the speedzoned option)? That way ppl can just copy the one set of files over and be confident that they are copying all the correct files. I'm sure that it would help drive up adoption levels, by making GPS just that little less complicated to use. Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I don't doubt that this may make it easier for some what you overlook is that this is a FREE service and as such we don't have the time to further refine what is already an involved process.

The amount of time Richard spends receiving submissions, recording and sorting them, verifying and then producing the update is considerable and largely unappreciated. As you get it for free I don't think a little work on your part is too much to ask?

TomTom have announced plans to incorporate a camera database as part of their PLUS service, this will doubtless be far more straightforward but will cost a not inconsiderable amount. The choice as they say is yours Smile
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's anyone who doesn't appreciate this service - but the complexity still must be very frustrating for many (for the want of a fairly simple script).

However you bring up the topic of updates, which has always puzzled me.
I'd have gladly submitted entries in the past, but how does one obtain the position info in the required format i.e. "Longitude/Latitude coordinates, or OS reference, or CheckPOInt/POIWarner/GPSAssist OV2 file, or updated release OV2 file, or AutoRoute map, or Travel-i CSV file, or link to position defined using Streetmap" using, say, TTN4?

I know that you can display current Lat/Long using the TTN4's GPS Status screen, but it's hardly very practical to stop right by a speed camera to note it down! ;-)
Is there any way of doing this while on the move? You can add a Favourite, but I can see no way of displaying any info for it other than name.

Also how does one choose the "unique id" 'm' when sending in the entry e.g. Longitude,Latitude,Name:m@nn,"Information #AA"?
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The readme.txt file contains a bit more than you have quoted. The full text is

Longitude,Latitude,Name:m@nn,"Information #AA" where

Longitude and Latitude are in decimal degrees if possible (but any format will be accepted)
Name is your surname, m is a unique id (1,2,3,...) or existing camera ID, nn is the speed zone (30,40,...)
Information is explanatory text
#AA denotes camera type (#G Gatso, #GT Truvelo, #R Red light, #M Mobile, #S S.P.E.C.S, #T Temporary/Roadworks)

You will see that I suggest 1, 2, 3 for unique id. So if you have 4 new cameras then I would appreciate it if you numbered them 1, 2, 3, 4 with your surname as a prefix and a colon between them. This takes next to no time for you and saves me some time when processing them.

Anyway I do not propose to say any more on this topic as I have some updates to process :D

Richard
frenchie2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Destinator 3 GOOD NEWS on ALERT Reply with quote

Please find below a post from half_empty1 on another forum which allow with a simple manip to import database in Destinator 3, I thought it was well worth it to have that info here. (Have done successfull import, though have not tested it on the road yet.)

and may be the website could be changed to reflect the possibility of Destinator 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
original message from half_empty1:
once you download the camera info from this site, you need to unzip it and open the microsoft excel comma seperated value file. once opened in excel you need to insert 2 columns before the Longitude column, then you need to cut the name column and paste it in the first and second columns and save it. this is now in a destinator console compatible format.
[/img]
Michaelm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Safety Cameras Reply with quote

I have Dragged and Dropped the OV2 files and the BMP Files on to great britain on my tom tom go and it does not show in POI how do I get it to work please help
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Safety Cameras Reply with quote

Hi Michaelm,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

Michaelm wrote:
I have Dragged and Dropped the OV2 files and the BMP Files on to great britain on my tom tom go and it does not show in POI how do I get it to work please help

Have you switched off and switched on your TT GO? Failing that do a reset.

Have you read the guide on how to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO? Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Last edited by Privateer on Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 15 of 22

Jump to: