Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Medion problems Reply with quote

Been having trouble with my Medion ppc 250 . It occasionally 'freezes' whilst navigating . A soft reset usually sorts it . However the biggest problem is that it has now blown the 12v charger lead's fuse for the 2nd time . Does any one have the same problem or know how to resolve it . I am considering taking it back to Aldi & testing their no quibble guarantee...
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i assume no one has had any problems ? ( 297 views 0 replies !)
Ah well thanks for the help......... Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing devils advocate here and seeing that nobody else has replied, it would suggest that nobody else has had the problem, which really can only leave it down to one thing, if it's blowing whilst your driving, then your alternator is chucking out far too much current and it's spiking the cig socket.

Not heard of any hangs, but this is usually down to power issues, also SD card reading and lack of main memory (check your memory applet before running Navigon). Make sure you have around 10mb free in Program Memory (right hand side of the slider).
fergus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Never had any problems, although it did occasionally hang when using TomTom 3. Now use Navigon 4 which seems very stable

Fergus
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave / furgus
Thanks for the replies . Could well be the alternator or rectifier on my VFR750 motorbike , theyre quite well known for being troublesome. I've used it a few times in my wifes car and never had a problem !
I always check theres plenty of free memory available so i dont think thats the problem . I did hear Warner POI can cause lock ups & general stability problems ? I am still considering taking it back as i ideally wanted it mainly for use on my motorcycle with the speed camera database enabled........
rd57chad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - Took medion back to Aldi today, tested their no quibble guarantee . I must admit i felt a bit guilty as i think my motorbikes 12v supply was the main problem . I havent been able to emulate the problem when using either mine or the wifes car....
Anyway Aldi gave me a full cash refund without any trouble at all :D . in the meantime I'm going back to the trusty old map book / autoroute !
fergus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said I had no problems must have jinxed me. I've had a few lock ups where it won't find the satellites. This happened after I downloaded mini4inis and played about with some skins. I had also set poiwarner to auto start.

I had copied my whole navigon folder to my memory card as a backup so I copied it back to restore as was. Also stopped poiwarner autostarting and has been fine again.

Fergus

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: