Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M6 Toll... yet again!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M6 Toll... yet again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but its straight 22 mile road with a little brain work you can still use tt to navigate to destination

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
but its straight 22 mile road with a little brain work you can still use tt to navigate to destination

Exactly my thoughts, use the GPS as an Aid, after all, on motorways the GPS unit just sits there,. until your turn off approaches.

I went to Eastbourne from Blackpool last week, and she only spoke to me 4 times once i was on the motorways.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish mine spoke 4 times on that distance but then the speed camera warning goes off

device Lumia 950 xl
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travel down the re-hashed section of the M42/M6toll junction every day and it confuses the heck out of it, putting me on back lanes with duff info!

If there was an update available, i'd pay for the joy of it knowing which road i'm on (although I know, it doesn't....).

Coming up the M6, its a real nuisance as it tries to take you off the motorway, even though there is now a through route. That new bit of the M6 from J4 to the
philhoward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 is a godsend, but shame TT3 doesnt.

Sorry about the split post...pressed the Submit button for some reason..
rockhopper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the forum, and have had a similarly disappointing resonse from TT when I cahllenged them about the M6 Toll. At the end of the day, this road opened in October 2003, and we're still here, nearly 12 months later, with a "newly developed", "leading edge" navigation tool that doesn't recognise it.

I hear what TT (and others) are saying about the problem being with TeleAtlas, the map data provider. However, I've got a friend who has just bought a TT Go, with map data also provided to TT by TeleAtlas. And guess what? It's got the M6 Toll on it!

I think TT's argument is falling down around their ears, and their continuing head-in-the-sand approach to their customers is doing them no favours.

The solution is simple - issue a free update (why should we pay? - the road was open when we bought the kit!), taking the TeleAtlas map files showing the M6 Toll and putting that data into TT3. Then we all shut up and go home, and they get a quiet, easy life!
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just as fed up with TomTom as others, complete lack of customer support, they appear to have lost interest in their Navigator product, more interested in developing products like GO that lock customers into TomTom, and charging for services that competitor are offering for free ie Traffic.

We've give TomTom our feedback, and also told them how to solve the problems and they have failed to listen.

Therefore the solution is to copy the map data from TomTom GO and use it in Navigator - It works perfectly. Just use the SD card supplied with GO to prove that it works. Twisted Evil
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed cam its more comlicated than that as the go uses a differnt os to the ppc version of navigator

if you use the m6 toll the easy thin to do is to turn guidence off and engage your brain

device Lumia 950 xl
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually although the software and OS is different the maps are actually the same. And so is the directory structure so in theory if you have TT3 instaled on your PDA then the maps will work.

OK now to install TT3 on my hard-reset XDA
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done SpeedCam Not Worthy You are spot on. I just installed TTN3 on the XDA and then swapped the TTN3 card with my GO card and low and behold TT3 now runs with the same data card. Something I wouldnt have thought of doing.

However I also have maps of Portugal on the SD card and those are not activated for the XDA.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running this now for a month and not problems whats so ever, It confirms that TomTom are not looking after their customers. There's a solution requiring no development but TomTom still refuses to assist, they are more interested in there new products.
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an XDA 2 bought through O2 and the maps came pre installed on an SD card, does anyone know if you can buy just the TT GO maps on an SD card so I can do a straight swap and if so how much it will be?
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is no way, I've tried purchasing a CDROM from TomTom and they just don't want to know.

The only solution even though I'd prefer not to encourgae this, is, a pirate copy off the internet or a friend. You cam probably see why I'm very disappointed with TomTom's approach to this problem.
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like speedcam I am extremely miffed at Tom Tom, I live in the the West Mids and although I don't really need navigation for the M6 Toll (as its quite straight forward) that isn't really the point as I feel I have been sold an incomplete package.

I can accept that they have to rely on third parties for the mapping and that no map is ever fully up to date, but if TT Go has the up to date maps then why couldn't they issue these maps with TT3.

If this wasn't possible for some obscure reason, I don't see why they can't issue updated maps to existing users (even at a small charge). It doesn't make sense as we all know that the updated maps are available or they wouldn't be selling them with TT Go.
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can anyone zip up the contents of a TT Go SD card and upload it for us? Or does this infringe on multiple copyright laws Rolling Eyes

www.lanarchy.co.uk for LAN gaming near London

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: